Reading - 6 Point Deduction Due

A glimmer of hope of staying up after last night but whatever happens to us I think we can share a loathing of this attention seeking twat🤬

No surprise about the reply but thank you for your support 👏
Are you a Reading supporter? This is their reply to my accusations of incompetence and apathy at the EFL -

“As you may have seen, on Monday 15 January, the EFL released a statement, which is available to view on our website here, following confirmation that Mr Dai did not meet the latest deadline to fund the deposit account as ordered. It is noted within the statement that “the continued failings mean that once again the Club’s hardworking staff have no reassurance as to the payment of wages and demonstrates a clear disregard for his obligations as a director or the Club. In respect of this issue, the League will now consider all available options it has under the Regulations and will have no hesitation in bringing further charges against Mr Dai.

Mr Dai is, however, the shareholder of what is a limited company and unfortunately nobody can force a sale on him. That said there have been some encouraging noises coming out the Club in this past week and it appears there is movement and a commitment to move the Club into new ownership.

More recently, On Tuesday 16 January, the EFL met with representatives from a number of Reading FC supporter groups, including the Supporters Trust at Reading (STAR) along with the Football Supporters’ Association (FSA). This was the latest in a series of supporter meetings, after the EFL had met representatives of the Supporters Trust at Reading (STAR) in November and December 2023. The EFL was able to provide context around a number of decisions that have been taken and answer questions from the various stakeholders in attendance. The notes for that meeting can be found on the STAR website (HERE), alongside meeting notes from previous meetings between the EFL and STAR. We would certainly recommend reading these notes, which will hopefully be able to answer a number of queries you may have.”

Meh.

Are you a Reading supporter? This is their reply to my accusations of incompetence and apathy at the EFL -

“As you may have seen, on Monday 15 January, the EFL released a statement, which is available to view on our website here, following confirmation that Mr Dai did not meet the latest deadline to fund the deposit account as ordered. It is noted within the statement that “the continued failings mean that once again the Club’s hardworking staff have no reassurance as to the payment of wages and demonstrates a clear disregard for his obligations as a director or the Club. In respect of this issue, the League will now consider all available options it has under the Regulations and will have no hesitation in bringing further charges against Mr Dai.

Mr Dai is, however, the shareholder of what is a limited company and unfortunately nobody can force a sale on him. That said there have been some encouraging noises coming out the Club in this past week and it appears there is movement and a commitment to move the Club into new ownership.

More recently, On Tuesday 16 January, the EFL met with representatives from a number of Reading FC supporter groups, including the Supporters Trust at Reading (STAR) along with the Football Supporters’ Association (FSA). This was the latest in a series of supporter meetings, after the EFL had met representatives of the Supporters Trust at Reading (STAR) in November and December 2023. The EFL was able to provide context around a number of decisions that have been taken and answer questions from the various stakeholders in attendance. The notes for that meeting can be found on the STAR website (HERE), alongside meeting notes from previous meetings between the EFL and STAR. We would certainly recommend reading these notes, which will hopefully be able to answer a number of queries you may have.”

Meh.
Thanks for that and yes I am a Reading fan, also ageing grey. Hence a Biscuitman as opposed to a Royal

What type of news? Live near Reading so keep an interest in what's happening there.
BBC Radio Berkshire - BBC Radio Berkshire, Exclusive: Reading FC director updates on sale of club
Nigel Howe is very much one of the good guys and says a lot more in this interview than I thought he would be able to

Basically Dai has very recently become focused on actually now getting the club sold, the club are in touch with a number of parties about it, they hope in the next 2 weeks to take the best offer to Dai for him to agree it, at which point if all goes well it will take a couple of months or so for a take over to be complete

Last edited:
Sold their soul when they left Elm Park....., used to enjoy the old days, especially visiting the Spread Eagle 😉🔴🔵
Think most of us older folk yearn for the old days the way the modern game has turned out.

Can be no doubt it felt a bit of us died when we let Elm Park but also there's no way we could have loitered around the Championship and flirted with the Prem for as long as we did if we stayed. Simply couldn't have developed the ground to what was needed.

As for the Spread, I live out of the town so only ever used it on match days but we visited it at the end of last season for a nostalgia pint 🙂

Sold their soul when they left Elm Park....., used to enjoy the old days, especially visiting the Spread Eagle 😉🔴🔵

I used to enjoy visiting the South Bank ;)
Think most of us older folk yearn for the old days the way the modern game has turned out.

Can be no doubt it felt a bit of us died when we let Elm Park but also there's no way we could have loitered around the Championship and flirted with the Prem for as long as we did if we stayed. Simply couldn't have developed the ground to what was needed.

As for the Spread, I live out of the town so only ever used it on match days but we visited it at the end of last season for a nostalgia pint 🙂

The days of Robin Friday.
Elm Park was a lovely ground.
My first ever professional game Reading 5 Newport 0.

Last edited:
Mid to late '80s to see the 'Shots....., some interesting times 😉
My old man took me to my first game against Aldershot in the cup 1971.
And that was that.......hooked for life !!
I used to enjoy visiting the South Bank ;)

The days of Robin Friday.
Elm Park was a lovely ground.
My first ever professional game Reading 5 Newport 0.
Can remember a few opposition fans "visiting" the Southbank !!

Last edited:
My old man took me to my first game against Aldershot in the cup 1971.
And that was that.......hooked for life !!

Can remember a few opposition fans "visiting" the Southbank !!

“Hooked for life” the way it goes.
Steve Death, not the tallest of keepers but very good. The Elm Park pitch one of the best in the Country. Used to love Elm Park, dated a very nice girl, lived near the Tilehurst Road end.

Football better back then.

As I've lived locally for the last 38+ years I visited Elm Park many times, and the Madejski. Even went to the Walsall Play-off game at the Millennium Stadium (Sorry, I'm a jinx at big games). I have many friends who are Reading fans and they are despondent. But hopefully the EFL (at last) are at least trying to force him to sell up and let the club be managed by people who want to improve the club. Good luck.

As I've lived locally for the last 38+ years I visited Elm Park many times, and the Madejski. Even went to the Walsall Play-off game at the Millennium Stadium (Sorry, I'm a jinx at big games). I have many friends who are Reading fans and they are despondent. But hopefully the EFL (at last) are at least trying to force him to sell up and let the club be managed by people who want to improve the club. Good luck.
@Onlyfoolsrushin In that case if we need something from the last game please feel free to stay away 🙏😉

3rd player to leave after being given absolute assurances that no player would be sold. This time Tom McIntyre, for a derisory £75k.

Wont be surprised if Azeez, Knibbs & Smith all have low bids made for them

3rd player to leave after being given absolute assurances that no player would be sold. This time Tom McIntyre, for a derisory £75k.

Wont be surprised if Azeez, Knibbs & Smith all have low bids made for them
Think we all knew Bowen's "no firesale" quote was redundant the moment players were sold behind his back 🤬

Back