RATE THE WINDOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a 7, for me.
Denayer and Djilobodji are decent CBs - both of a similar / better level to Kaboul.
Manquillo looks a good player and better than Yedlin.
Pienaar, Januzaj and N'Dong look like they have something to offer and, on balance, are an improvement on where we were last season, even with M'Vila (Although I wish we'd signed M'Vila, too - then it'd be an 8 or a 9).

We may well pick up a decent back up 'keeper and striker from the available free agents.

4 - got rid of deadwood, club didn't back down over kone or mvila
The signings could go either way and not signing a forward is disgraceful, gutted about mvila too

I wanted to keep all our first teamers and replace both Yedlin and M'Villa with as good or better players. We also needed 2 or 3 more players especially forward cover for Defoe.

We lost Kaboul and the jury is out on the 3 we've bought in to replace him and the loanees. Not getting cover for Defoe is madness but if he stays fit all will be well. Huge risk though!
This. Totally agree.

About a 7, for me.
Denayer and Djilobodji are decent CBs - both of a similar / better level to Kaboul.
Manquillo looks a good player and better than Yedlin.
Pienaar, Januzaj and N'Dong look like they have something to offer and, on balance, are an improvement on where we were last season, even with M'Vila (Although I wish we'd signed M'Vila, too - then it'd be an 8 or a 9).

We may well pick up a decent back up 'keeper and striker from the available free agents.
And we kept Kone 6 for me

Its a 8/9 for me. God rid of a load of shite, made a f***ing fortune and built a decent enough championship side.
If we get promoted we will have a lot to do but im more confident in our foundation than I was.

Wish we had kept Townsend.

5.5/10

Kept Kone & Manquillo, Djilobodji and Januzaj are good additions. Wait and see on NDong but excited. Was able to sell off some dead weight.

No striker. swung and missed on too many targets. A lot of the quality from signings are loans.

I think it's been a pretty shit window but I don't know how anyone can rate it before we see our biggest signing kick a ball in anger. I doubt anyone has seen him before to judge.

Pretty shite all things considered.

No Yann the Mann. No striker. Two future ones from Man United.

Just doesn't look great. Probably a lot of work to do in January.

M'vila would have been 6 and a decent striker too would have been 7 or 8.

The shite we have cleared off the books has been great. N'dong might be great and give us a month with a players come back it's a decent first team and bench. Who knows a few young ones might step up too.

8 but it could go up if the new lads are really good :)

We don't need a striker we have Defoe.

Januzaj/Borini/Watmore will be as good cover as anyone we could have realistically brought in and they are useful to the team in other areas.

We have to hope Defoe doesn't have too many injuries but that would have been the case even if we brought in an average striker as cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back