RATE THE WINDOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

4/10 purely because I don't know much about our new record signing. If he proves to be worth the money paid then it could be as high as 7 or 8 out of 10.

3. No GK or Striker cover. Decent money on players who have potential compared to a player who has and shown he can do it. Signed 5 defenders of so but didn't get striking options.

Poor.

3. No GK or Striker cover. Decent money on players who have potential compared to a player who has and shown he can do it. Signed 5 defenders of so but didn't get striking options.

Poor.

Also, Loan Lens out while knowing Fabio is likely to be out for 3 months.

Last edited:
4-5.
May pay for the failure to sign a back up ST and no GK cover for Pickford. Scratching my head why we've bought McNair and then signed Denayer on loan. Worrying that we lost Kaboul. Disappointed we couldn't get M'Vila.

Plus side Januzaj, Pappy and Ndong are good prospects and we kept Kone.

Poor.

Also, Loan Lens out while knowing Fabio is likely to be out for 3 months.
To be fair Lens has been an appalling signing - he simply has no desire.

5. We seemed to do some of the right things, just nowhere near enough of them. I'm not really against any of the lads we brought in, I can see their place and value, I just wish they weren't loans and we had added 4 more first team ready quality players. It seems the same as every other window bar January, some of the right things just not enough to change our fortune.

I think you have to consider the cirumstances.

All of our business but with no injuries and a typical lower end premier league balanced squad - 5 or 6 maybe.

Our circumstances - 2

I just can't get my head around having 1 senior striker and 1 fit goalie at any professional football club, never mind a premier league club - the richest league in the world.

The term is often overused on here but I think it's absolutely criminal.

Very dissapointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back