Random away matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scunthorpe pre-season, Michael Chopra's debut, lost 1-0.
Ross Wallace had a shot at Marton Fulop in the warm-up and Fulop tips it round the post, over the advertising boards and at my feet, as I waited for someone to ask for it back no-one did so I did a runner with the ball and still have it.
They went down that season, without the ball I nicked. I take full responsibility.

West Brom 3-0 SAFC April 2009.

Worst performance from a Sunderland side whilst watching away from home, West Brom were already relegated iirc under Mowbray.

Burnley away in 73. Midweek game a few weeks before the final. Remember it cos Burnley got promoted that night beating us 2-0.

Early 90s I think, midweek popped out for a few pints and was convinced by a lad I barely knew from the bar to go to the Boro away game. Promised me he had tickets & a lift. A small handicapped fella promptly turned up to the Welfare in Spout Lane, Washington & took us down the A19 to smoggy land dropped us of & pissed of home!
I enquired about how the hell we were going to get home but by this time the lunatic who accosted me was hell bent on causing utter chaos. We got into the game and halfway into it he proceeded to smash the fuck out of anything he could lay his hands on and chuck it onto the pitch & into the boro stands. I was frantically trying to work out what the hell I could do to get rid of the raving lunatic when a familiar face stood out in the crowd. I kind of slivered towards him and was met with the look of fuck me dont bring him up here, I did manage to get a lift home of the fella & I believe the commotion the nutter I was with was either on the news or in the paper. I still see the nutter to this day and all I can muster is a slight shake of the head, he just smirks. I only popped out for a couple of pints & was lucky not to be arrested or smashed to pieces.

Early 90s I think, midweek popped out for a few pints and was convinced by a lad I barely knew from the bar to go to the Boro away game. Promised me he had tickets & a lift. A small handicapped fella promptly turned up to the Welfare in Spout Lane, Washington & took us down the A19 to smoggy land dropped us of & pissed of home!
I enquired about how the hell we were going to get home but by this time the lunatic who accosted me was hell bent on causing utter chaos. We got into the game and halfway into it he proceeded to smash the fuck out of anything he could lay his hands on and chuck it onto the pitch & into the boro stands. I was frantically trying to work out what the hell I could do to get rid of the raving lunatic when a familiar face stood out in the crowd. I kind of slivered towards him and was met with the look of fuck me dont bring him up here, I did manage to get a lift home of the fella & I believe the commotion the nutter I was with was either on the news or in the paper. I still see the nutter to this day and all I can muster is a slight shake of the head, he just smirks. I only popped out for a couple of pints & was lucky not to be arrested or smashed to pieces.
What was this nutters initials? Just curious as I used to get in the Welfare back then and also went to the match with a few lads from there.

What was this nutters initials? Just curious as I used to get in the Welfare back then and also went to the match with a few lads from there.

Not sure of his 1st name his 2nd C***ky I later found out he was a mag !
I will def know you if you drank there back then, my family practically lived in there!

Forest away last match of the season '90s, lad put a durex over his head and blew it up to the cheers of the Sunderland fans.

Forest away last match of the season '90s, lad put a durex over his head and blew it up to the cheers of the Sunderland fans.

We only had about 1800 tickets and when they invaded the pitch at the end and ran towards us, it was a little worrying.

Wimbledon away at Plough Lane, 90 or 91. Lost 1-0, can't remember who scored for them. All I remember is we should've won, as was the case for a lot if the away games that season. Remember Marco chipping the ball over the keeper and he came rushing out and handled it about f***ing 5 yards outside the box but never got a red card! Also remember wearing a teenage mutant ninja sunderland fans tee shirt that day. :oops::oops:

Mutant Ninja Sunderland Heroes :D I had one of those t-shirts too!
It was a 2-2 draw, though you're right about Segers booking. Davenport had a goal disallowed (rightly) when we were 1-0 up, then he scored to put us 2 up, but they got 2 late goals to get a draw.

Gillingham away 2003, was a midweek game, left Sunlun at 9 on the Shields bus that Slosher and Flanny used to run, bus is going through Grangetown and suddenly stops, Sammy The Chin was out doing some shopping and gets persuaded to come on the bus down to Gillingham:lol:, we won 3-1, Stewart Downing scored one of our goals.

Think I might have been at that game was John Oster playing ? did he score ?

Mutant Ninja Sunderland Heroes :D I had one of those t-shirts too!
It was a 2-2 draw, though you're right about Segers booking. Davenport had a goal disallowed (rightly) when we were 1-0 up, then he scored to put us 2 up, but they got 2 late goals to get a draw.
Yeah that was the t shirt :lol: Having a nightmare with these scorelines today! Mind, how many leads did we let slip, particularly away from that season?! Remember QPR, Spurs sure we were up in them games and ended up losing. Away at Derby too, weren't we 3-0 up or summat like that and ended up 3-3. :confused:

Macclesfield away pre season around 1988 1/1 Gates scored
Bangor away friendly 1990 0/0
Notts county in zds cup 1990 2/2 draw won on pens
Everton zds cup 1991 lost 4/1 Cottee scored them all for them Ball for us !
Oh and MAn City in full members cup 1985 or 86 !

Brentford 2-1 Sunderland, FA Cup 4th Round 2006 (I think)

First Sunderland game I ever went to, was 10 and thought the 'Get your tits out for the lads' song gestured towards the fit woman with a charity bucket at half time was hilarious. Took me a year or two to understand why everyone was making dog howls and hurling quids at her though.

DJ Campbell double IIRC.

West Ham away in the 15 point season. Dean Ashton scored on his debut and iirc Stephen Wright made his return after a while out and got sent off after about 20 mins.

First time I had crap in a football ground that day because I was ill all the way down. Some prick hoyed a half eaten burger over the cubicle wall as I was finishing up - luckily it missed me :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back