Random away matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dirty bristow

Bristol City 2-0, mid 90's.
Two late goals by Baird and Allinson iirc.
We played in Yellow and black and a group behind me sat and played cards on the terrace all the 2nd half.

I will also chuck in West brom away mid 90's with us only having seats in the Rainbow stand, Goodman header but a 2-1 defeat

Notts County , 1-0 defeat in 1994 ish, Phil gray Debut

Grimsby away about 1994 when we wore the rare yellow Hummel away top. Pissed down with rain. Got called off.

Berwick away, 1991, friendly in mid season , won 2-1

Didn't go but we had a few random league cup 1st round two legged games between 1997-2000?

They were slightly random

The League cup was two legged for most of it at one point, maybe even all the way through.

Grimsby away about 1994 when we wore the rare yellow Hummel away top. Pissed down with rain. Got called off.

I was there too.
Didn't go to the replay, won 1-0 with a Martin Smith header.

Notts county away

Got beat but stopped up, pitch invasion and a snapped crossbar

Not really random as there seemed to be a shit load of us there

Portsmouth on a Tuesday night in 2010, drew 1-1.

Rocha? sent off for giving away a penalty and Bent scoring it, then typical us we get Cattermole & Meyler sent off and concede a 96th minute equaliser.

Notts county away

Got beat but stopped up, pitch invasion and a snapped crossbar

Not really random as there seemed to be a shit load of us there

Good 7000 of us there that day

Tranmere away , lost 4-1 after leading at halftime. Monsoon conditions and ''Operation tranmere''

Great day like, the county fans sharped fucked off when the invasion started :lol:

I laughed at some blatant racism that day
One of the South Shields Asian lads who follows us, had a Sunderland top with ''Kay'' on the back and lads around him started calling him Waqar Kay. He took it is good spirit and it was funny at the time but in hindsight and more enlightened times, it was not right.
Also remember in 1988 , a blow up doll called Mirandinha being chucked around the away end at meadow Lane.

Reactions: j.w
Millwall away, season after being relegated in 91. Summer day, Old Den, Millwall waving £20's at us, got beat 4-1 (I think). Dickie Ord's sister and Father were on the bus down (they sat in the seats in the ground to the right of us), Dickie had a bit of a mare and the atmosphere on the bus back was a bit wierd.

Followed up with Barnsley away on the Tues/Wed night, got bladdered 3-0 and it quickly dawned that it wasn't going to be easy. Got dropped off a Whitemare Pool and rather than just walk home, legged it through the farmers fields which were pretty high with straw or whatever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back