Random away matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birmingham away 83, won 1-0, possibly Bracewell's first goal for us. One of the roughest pre match pubs (and I've been in a lot). Landlord had a patch over his eye, blokes shitting in cubicles without doors, rammed with local nutters. Great times!
Miss World was paraded around the ground at half time as she'd just won. Warm applause from the home fans, chants of get yer tits out from our lot. She never waved to us, or got them out. :-(

Logon or register to see this image

Sunderland v Celtic at Berwick (some berwick player testimonial) Ian ? won 3-1 Colin West hatrick

What year was that? I remember going to Selhurst Park about 14/15 years ago, was dire. Seats were wooden and the bloody coach got us there late.

Aye that was my first away game if it's the one I think you're on about. Just after Christmas 1999, Ben Thatcher elbowed Sumerbee in the face about two minutes before their goal. Andy Marriott was in goal for us. Got beat 1-0.

Brentford 2-1 Sunderland, FA Cup 4th Round 2006 (I think)

First Sunderland game I ever went to, was 10 and thought the 'Get your tits out for the lads' song gestured towards the fit woman with a charity bucket at half time was hilarious. Took me a year or two to understand why everyone was making dog howls and hurling quids at her though.

DJ Campbell double IIRC.

Highlight of that game for me was meeting Jeff Brown off BBC Look North in a beer garden near ground and signing anti-Newcastle songs with him.:cool:

Miss World was paraded around the ground at half time as she'd just won. Warm applause from the home fans, chants of get yer tits out from our lot. She never waved to us, or got them out. :-(

Logon or register to see this image
Bloody hell, I can't remember that. Possibly alchohol related as we were still rough off the night before on top of refuelling in the pub beforehand so opted for the seats where there were about 20 Sunderland. Strange goal though. If I remember correctly Bracewell hit it from about 25 yds it hit a defender's back and looped right up in the air and over the keeper.

Easter Monday 1998 West Brom 3-3 Lee Hughes injury time equaliser from a Steve Nicol pass a think the f***ing ginger bastards

Wolves away 94-95 season 0-1 defeat, Lee howey ended their season but! wiped out john dewolfe and Steve bull. Andy Melville and phil gray sat with us in the stands aswel

Huddersfield away when they were still at Leeds Road, 86 (I think) won 2-0 first game of the season. Lad had a blinder for us and no one knew who he was. Think it turned out to be Buchanan, a lad we signed from Blyth Spartans that summer.

Cambridge Utd away Anglo Italian Cup, 1992 (my 21st birthday!), went with a mate and my then girlfriend, ripped the top I was wearing on a rusty nail sticking out of the fence at the front and Don Goodman told me to "Fuck off" when I offered him some encouragement after he missed a chance.

. Just finishing his shift, so ended up going round his for a quick bite before heading to the game. Shocking grooming. Won 3-0, IIRC.
Magnificent!

Wimbledon away, Plough Lane, FA Cup 1987? Family trip down to Shoreditch to stay with an Auntie (well before it was gentrified). Lads go 1 up (Gates i think), Dons score 2 late on inc winner from a shocking foul on our keeper. Younger brother in tears on tube afterwards, gutted. fellow SAFC fan tries to cheer him up by telling him he'll get used to it. Wise man that bloke, whoever you were.

Sheff Wed away in the league we lost 2-1 was a Wednesday game in the PL must've been 96? Me and a college mate finished early for the day and decided to go down for the hell of it.

Sheff Wed away in the league we lost 2-1 was a Wednesday game in the PL must've been 96? Me and a college mate finished early for the day and decided to go down for the hell of it.

Aye features on Premier Passions that game, my two cousins are om the camera singing during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back