Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuck off

2 of them, thats it, we are all racists

Get a f***ing grip

How the fuck can they afford to go to games?
Where did I say that like? I've given 2 instances of where I've seen racism amongst our fans in recent away games. Once involving 2 idiots abusing our own player. Once involving 20 odd people on a bus doing monkey impressions to passers by. Just sharing what I've seen and haven't said its everyone. So maybe you could read what I've said before telling me to get a grip.

Where did I say that like? I've given 2 instances of where I've seen racism amongst our fans in recent away games. Once involving 2 idiots abusing our own player. Once involving 20 odd people on a bus doing monkey impressions to passers by. Just sharing what I've seen and haven't said its everyone. So maybe you could read what I've said before telling me to get a grip.

But you are adding fuel to the fire, the f***ing idiots you refer to do not reflect our support, maybe you should have mentioned that before throwing your views into the media

But you are adding fuel to the fire, the f***ing idiots you refer to do not reflect our support, maybe you should have mentioned that before throwing your views into the media
They reflect a social problem though. I've no doubt every club has idiots like this following them. The issue should be raised because 20 blokes impersonating monkeys to 2 black lads engaging in a little bit of post match mickey taking in 2016 is ridiculous. So is 2 blokes calling one of our own players a "useless f***ing black c.unt" every time he touched the ball.

We live in a world now where everyone has to get offended on behalf of others which is quite sad on my opinion. I've pointed out instances in past on here where white people could claim towns victims of racism but nobody wants to hear that as society doesn't dictate to them that that's a problem.
I lead my life the way I want to lead it not the way the guardian dictates I should. I'm very comfortable with my values.

Being called a black blah blah is being discriminated against is it?
What about being called a fat blah blah then or a bald etc etc?
That's a rather simplistic view of it you have there but in answer to your question none of them terms should be used. They are all being used as a derogatory stick to beat the person they are aimed at down and in this day and age that shouldn't happen. However, calling some one a fat c.unt isn't illegal but calling someone a black one is.

Its rife amongst Sunderland supporters whether it be conversations about 'foreigners' in the toilets or screaming obscenities at the opposition fans. I can't remember it being this bad for a while.

Did you do the decent thing and report them as we're advised to or perhaps appeal to them to have a think about their behaviour ..... or is whinging on here more your style?

Obviously its anecdotal but its clear reading this thread it's not isolated incidents.

Its not but the North East is to an extent living in denial that it has a significant minority of people who admit to being racially prejudice..(About 1 in 3 by their own admission apparently)

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/numbers-racially-prejudiced-north-east-7182204

Less ethnics in north east than other areas of England is that fair to say? Perhaps this is why it's a little more rife up here. Might be controversial but can't say it's something that massively offends me when I hear it like it seems to do others.
:eek::eek:

That's a rather simplistic view of it you have there but in answer to your question none of them terms should be used. They are all being used as a derogatory stick to beat the person they are aimed at down and in this day and age that shouldn't happen. However, calling some one a fat c.unt isn't illegal but calling someone a black one is.
It isn't but if one comments discriminatory then surely the other is? I don't find either offensive by the way and wouldn't batter an eyelid if I heard either.

Would you be offended by someone singing derogatory songs about blacks?

Personally I consider offence to be something I take if someone is abusing/ criticising me, I don't get offended on behalf of others so no, offended would be the wrong word. I'd think the people singing were arseholes but I wouldn't be offended, and I wouldn't bother to have a word with them and all that, I'd just think "arseholes" and get on with whatever I was doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back