Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Used to sit in front of someone in the SE corner who came out with some pretty awful abuse every game. Thankfully my nine year old nephew was bright enough to realise that he was nothing but an ignorant knukledragger who probably only set foot out of his pit village once a fortnight.

Used to sit in front of someone in the SE corner who came out with some pretty awful abuse every game. Thankfully my nine year old nephew was bright enough to realise that he was nothing but an ignorant knukledragger who probably only set foot out of his pit village once a fortnight.
Do you realise you've just stereotyped pit yackers as knuckledraggers in the same way as someone would portray Black's as lazy, or Romanians as benefit scroungers :lol:.

We all say inappropriate and sometimes nasty things about others, but the real problem is probably the silent racists (they're ok but wouldn't like my daughter to be going out with one etc). I think this is a big problem with the older generation.

I come from a pit community and I don't think Rizla meant any offence with his comments, just looking for an northern example of the sheep shagger, carrot cruncher stereotype. Cant remember any racist shite around where I sit since we moved to the SoL. Another matter travelling away and at some games at Roker when I was growing up, Mental considering the two players I thought the fans loved most were Benno and Rueben Agboola. Used to be a couple of Sikh lads on the Shields Branch back in the day, sound as owt, got treated no differently to anyone else.
FTM

I grew up in a pit village where people were generally quite tolerant and we were brought up that way ...... I now live in a very posh part of Surrey where there's a prevalent and often vocal racism.

I come from a pit community and I don't think Rizla meant any offence with his comments, just looking for an northern example of the sheep shagger, carrot cruncher stereotype. Cant remember any racist shite around where I sit since we moved to the SoL. Another matter travelling away and at some games at Roker when I was growing up, Mental considering the two players I thought the fans loved most were Benno and Rueben Agboola. Used to be a couple of Sikh lads on the Shields Branch back in the day, sound as owt, got treated no differently to anyone else.
FTM
I'm sure no offence was intended, but neither was it when I was told as a young child by my grandmother "if you go out after dark Dicky Darky will get you". I thought she was talking about a monster not a black man.

People shouldn't use stereotypes to put people down (unless they're putting mags down :)) because they very rarely exist.

Racism is inherent in all of us and probably a throwback to the time when humans lived in tribes. If you hanker after those times then racism is perfectly acceptable.

It's a bit rich, especially when the poster seems to cheerily wish his country would turn it's back on refugees .......

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/no-benefits-for-eu-citizens-in-germany-for-5-years.1285117/

How tolerant and erudite :rolleyes:
Would never turn my back on the needy, but you think these are children!
Wish you where running the bar when I tried for my first pint!
You, and the rest of the country's good will is being abused saying the economic migrants we are bringing in are children., are you saying there not?

Its rife amongst Sunderland supporters whether it be conversations about 'foreigners' in the toilets or screaming obscenities at the opposition fans. I can't remember it being this bad for a while.

I'm calling bullshit on this.

What an absolute arsehole.

The bus I was on yesterday had about 20 people at the back all up at the windows screaming "you f***ing black bastards ooh ooh ooh" at 2 lads walking past the bus yesterday. Would that have offended you?

Never happened, did it?

Last edited:
I'm calling bullshit on this.

What an absolute arsehole.

Never happened, did it?
Yes it did. Why the fuck would I post it otherwise? What gives people like you the right to tell me it never happened. I'm not putting forward evidence for people to decide whether to believe it or not. I'm posting what happened on the back of the bus I was on on Saturday. I actually stood up against it and 2 knuckle heads ran the length of the bus to take a swing at me and had to be held back by people.

Yes it did. Why the fuck would I post it otherwise? What gives people like you the right to tell me it never happened. I'm not putting forward evidence for people to decide whether to believe it or not. I'm posting what happened on the back of the a bus I was on on Saturday. I actually stood up against it and 2 knuckle heads ran the length of the bus to take a swing at me and had to be held back by people.

2 reasons!

Firstly, you want everyone to know how morally superior you are.

Secondly, you are just another idiot who is having a cheap pop at our fans, to deflect away from the unacceptable way our club is being ran from the owner to the current manager (if you can call him that).

2 reasons!

Firstly, you want everyone to know how morally superior you are.

Secondly, you are just another idiot who is having a cheap pop at our fans, to deflect away from the unacceptable way our club is being ran from the owner to the current manager (if you can call him that).
First point. Not at all. Racism is unacceptable and I'm content with my opinion on that.

Second point. I've already said it doesn't reflect our fans and your point about deflection has nothing to do with anything.

It happened and that's the end of it.

First point. Not at all. Racism is unacceptable and I'm content with my opinion on that.

Second point. I've already said it doesn't reflect our fans and your point about deflection has nothing to do with anything.

It happened and that's the end of it.

Jesus, you are screaming of self-righteousness.

I'm content with my opinion, that i think your version of events is bullshit, probably indicative of your contribution to this board - have an ignore.

Jesus, you are screaming of self-righteousness.

I'm content with my opinion, that i think your version of events is bullshit, probably indicative of your contribution to this board - have an ignore.
:lol:
I don't care whether you believe it happened or not. I was on the bus and it happened. Simple as that really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back