Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like your not stereotyping older people as all closet racists!!!
I'm not stereotyping them (well maybe a bit) but older people were brought up in a mainly white environment and don't seem to be accepting as the very young. In the 1980s I saw very few black/ethnic minority people in Sunderland and when you did people would stare and comment.
I'm just going off my parents and their friends compared to my kids and their friends and there is a huge difference.

I'm not stereotyping them (well maybe a bit) but older people were brought up in a mainly white environment and don't seem to be accepting as the very young. In the 1980s I saw very few black/ethnic minority people in Sunderland and when you did people would stare and comment.
I'm just going off my parents and their friends compared to my kids and their friends and there is a huge difference.
So, by your logic, as an older bloke whose lived 20 years in multi-ethnic London, I'm more accepting than your kids and their friends who have limited exposure to different cultures because of where they live.

Perhaps you should re-think your own prejudice about older people.

My oh my!
I'In the 1980s I saw very few black/ethnic minority people in Sunderland and when you did people would stare and comment.
.I'm not stereotyping them (well maybe a bit)

And sadly he was allowed to vote :(
Fcuk me, you not popular with the great unwashed you have to come on here!
Lol!

Last edited:
So, by your logic, as an older bloke whose lived 20 years in multi-ethnic London, I'm more accepting than your kids and their friends who have limited exposure to different cultures because of where they live.

Perhaps you should re-think your own prejudice about older people.
Not if your from Silksworth

My oh my!
I'In the 1980s I saw very few black/ethnic minority people in Sunderland and when you did people would stare and comment.
.I'm not stereotyping them (well maybe a bit)

Fcuk me, you not popular with the great unwashed you have to come on here!
Lol!
I was stereotyping older people in this area based on my personal experiences of what I had seen and heard, not black people :rolleyes:. If you think the vast majority of pensioners in Sunderland are fully at ease in a multi-ethnic environment I will bow to your greater knowledge.

Last edited:
In the 1980's, when you...

I was living and working in several African countries. Even coming from Silksworth I managed not to stare and comment.

But again, your prejudices shine through. Keep it up!
I work in Southall so I'm quite at ease in a multi ethic environment myself and most of my family live in and around Silksworth (so not even prejudice against you). I have no prejudice towards old people but have noticed younger people appear more accepting of all minority groups including disabled and gay (an observation not a belief), probably due to better education and increased social interaction.
My original comment regarding pit villagers was tongue in cheek and you haven't got a clue about me as a person, but feel free to make your own judgements

You're making this shit up.

I'm calling Mag.

Strange that all of these decent upstanding souls are witnessing all of this racism yet can't manage anything more than posting it on here.

This is a crime, like any other, and should at worst be recorded or at best reported.

Hundreds of police, stewards and potential witnesses yet they do nowt :rolleyes:

Strange that all of these decent upstanding souls are witnessing all of this racism yet can't manage anything more than posting it on here.

This is a crime, like any other, and should at worst be recorded or at best reported.

Hundreds of police, stewards and potential witnesses yet they do nowt :rolleyes:
I let my thoughts be known on Saturday and 2 knuckle heads ran the length of the bus to try and get at me. They had to be held back by others on the bus. Unfortunately making your feelings known sometimes isn't the best thing to do because that is the type of people you are dealing with. It's not rife at all but it certainly happens.

If you remember I highlighted it after Stoke away last season and we exchanged a few posts. You knew the lads involved. They aren't "any harm" so to speak but think nothing of racially abusing players (our own at Stoke).

I let my thoughts be known on Saturday and 2 knuckle heads ran the length of the bus to try and get at me. They had to be held back by others on the bus. Unfortunately making your feelings known sometimes isn't the best thing to do because that is the type of people you are dealing with. It's not rife at all but it certainly happens.

If you remember I highlighted it after Stoke away last season and we exchanged a few posts. You knew the lads involved. They aren't "any harm" so to speak but think nothing of racially abusing players (our own at Stoke).

Yes mate, I remember both of those things.

I admire what you did on the bus and my comments were more for people who have the backing of police and stewards close at hand.

It's nice to know there are folk like you who'll act on their principles rather than just wave them in people's faces from the safety of a keyboard.

And sadly he was allowed to vote :(
Here's something to keep you occupied whilst you hunt around other boards trying to find some friends!
Not if your from Silksworth

I was stereotyping older people in this area based on my personal experiences of what I had seen and heard, not black people :rolleyes:. If you think the vast majority of pensioners in Sunderland are fully at ease in a multi-ethnic environment I will bow to your greater knowledge.
When did I ever suggest older folk attitude to immigrants?
My point on this thread was the so called children being brought in, are, in the whole, not children but young men of fighting age.
And therefore we as a country are having our generosity abused, which to add, will in the future cause objections from tax payers, resulting in possible genuine immigrants having greater problems.
It's not rocket science, if someone took the piss out of your generosity, what would you do next time?

I work in Southall so I'm quite at ease in a multi ethic environment myself and most of my family live in and around Silksworth (so not even prejudice against you). I have no prejudice towards old people but have noticed younger people appear more accepting of all minority groups including disabled and gay (an observation not a belief), probably due to better education and increased social interaction.
My original comment regarding pit villagers was tongue in cheek and you haven't got a clue about me as a person, but feel free to make your own judgements

noticed younger people appear more accepting of all minority groups including disabled and gay (an observation not a belief), probably due to better education and increased social interaction.
Better education!
You mean learning to add up and write makes you more socially aware?

Last edited:
Here's something to keep you occupied whilst you hunt around other boards trying to find some friends!

When did I ever suggest older folk attitude to immigrants?
My point on this thread was the so called children being brought in, are, in the whole, not children but young men of fighting age.
And therefore we as a country are having our generosity abused, which to add, will in the future cause objections from tax payers, resulting in possible genuine immigrants having greater problems.
It's not rocket science, if someone took the piss out of your generosity, what would you do next time?

noticed younger people appear more accepting of all minority groups including disabled and gay (an observation not a belief), probably due to better education and increased social interaction.
Better education!
You mean learning to add up and write makes you more socially aware?

You are aware there is more to the education system than learning to add and write surely?

Perhaps if you would have seen it past Year 2 you would have experienced this.

You are aware there is more to the education system than learning to add and write surely?

Perhaps if you would have seen it past Year 2 you would have experienced this.
Lol!
Can't offer a reply, so let's fire off some abuse!
Must have taken you ages to think up that comeback, I bow to your superior whit and intelligence!

Like your not stereotyping older people as all closet racists!!!

Hear you go, this charity are looking for foster homes for the recently arrived children
http://www.refugeesathome.org/host/index.html
Please keep me informed of your progress.
:lol: You know fuck all about me mate.

I was trying to have a reasonable conversation and you have instead resorted to sly digs and diversion tactics.

Why do I even bother :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back