People who use phones when driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

You have too be taking the piss?! :lol::lol::lol::eek:
No, I needed to know if I had to call at a cash point or not, thus determining my route.

And yeah, 60 mph is only 27 metres/sec, so even if the car in front somehow managed to stop dead instantly, you would only have covered 54m by looking away for 2 seconds, which would still give you 2 seconds to take evasive action.

It's amazing how many professional drivers you see doing it. The amount of lorries you see swerving about then as you pass them the tossers are on the phone. I always give them a hoot and either the bird or wanker sign. It's bad enough anyone does it but if it's your livelihood it's insane

Don't you have previous for dodgy driving :lol::lol:

No, it's an SMB in joke.

Anyway, professional drivers have more need than most, especially delivery drivers where every second counts. They take by far the biggest risks mind. Not much risk assessing there.

No, I needed to know if I had to call at a cash point or not, thus determining my route.

And yeah, 60 mph is only 27 metres/sec, so even if the car in front somehow managed to stop dead instantly, you would only have covered 54m by looking away for 2 seconds, which would still give you 2 seconds to take evasive action.

Lost. For. Words. :lol::lol:

I agree, but it's all about minimising risk while still doing what you need to do. Take this morning. I was halfway to work and realised I had to check my bank balance. I was on a main country road doing about 60 with the car in front about 100 yards ahead. There were no turn offs and no houses or pedestrians. I assessed the risk and deemed it ok to use my phone app, keeping my eyes flicking between the road and phone. There was nothing that could feasibly happen in the time I was looking away that I wouldn't be able to react to when I looked back. This is what I'm talking about - not the people who are on the phone willy nilly regardless of where they are or what the situation is.

Classic Dave!!! :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back