Penshaw pieces of 8 trail run......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lass in red and white hoops completed an iron man distance triathlon about 5 weeks ago.

Sorely tempted to get into trail running - any advice on where to get shoes? Heard New Balance at Dalton is ok?

I know little about trail running but am assuming my road shoes won't cut it, right?

Also, I'm an over pronator, do they do trail shoes to help that?

Any advice welcome...winters coming and I like the idea of hitting the fields rather than plodding around the roads.

Sorely tempted to get into trail running - any advice on where to get shoes? Heard New Balance at Dalton is ok?

I know little about trail running but am assuming my road shoes won't cut it, right?

Any advice welcome...winters coming and I like the idea of hitting the fields rather than plodding around the roads.

Today was my first proper trail run, not counting the Gateshead Trail 10k and I reckon my road shoes would have been fine today tbh. However that's only because it was dry, my roadies wouldn't have cut it on a wet trail today.

I just wore road trainers as that's all I have but buy them from New Balance in Dalton Park & the lass & lasses who work there are all runners & pretty good for advice. Might need to consider a pair of trail shoes myself for winter

Well, back down to planet earth after the most manic weekend ever lol......Absolutely delighted with how the event went yesterday, the racing and performances were simply top draw but more importantly everyone seems to have had an absolute blast and enjoyed the event.....We had set a race limit of 200 for this first year and we ended up with around 140 entries which given the fact we were forced to run it so close to the GNR has really taken us aback tbh. Thanks so much to everyone who ran it and supported the event in whatever capacity it is hugely appreciated....The race photographer (Lee Nixon photography) has uploaded the photos to the Trail Outlaws facebook page and they are free for you to download if you havent already. The event will definitely be back next year although we are looking to a date in May.....We are also hoping to expand the event to a higher entry limit and will be including 10k, half marathon, marathon and kids races too. Hope to see you all again next year

Phill

PS, if you think you are knackered I have just uploaded my GPS watch to Strava and I seem to have done about 40 miles round that course on Saturday and Sunday including a 4.40 am trip to the horrible steps.

I had a grey top on with yellow shoulders... think you passed me on the incline or just after going through Offerton ?

Yes I did, I passed you early doors then you passed me in the trail leading to Washington wetland place. Will do it next year and may invest in some trail shoes.

Well, back down to planet earth after the most manic weekend ever lol......Absolutely delighted with how the event went yesterday, the racing and performances were simply top draw but more importantly everyone seems to have had an absolute blast and enjoyed the event.....We had set a race limit of 200 for this first year and we ended up with around 140 entries which given the fact we were forced to run it so close to the GNR has really taken us aback tbh. Thanks so much to everyone who ran it and supported the event in whatever capacity it is hugely appreciated....The race photographer (Lee Nixon photography) has uploaded the photos to the Trail Outlaws facebook page and they are free for you to download if you havent already. The event will definitely be back next year although we are looking to a date in May.....We are also hoping to expand the event to a higher entry limit and will be including 10k, half marathon, marathon and kids races too. Hope to see you all again next year

Phill

PS, if you think you are knackered I have just uploaded my GPS watch to Strava and I seem to have done about 40 miles round that course on Saturday and Sunday including a 4.40 am trip to the horrible steps.

Were you the chap in a white t shirt in the rangers off giving the pre race brief for the 10k?

Were you the chap in a white t shirt in the rangers off giving the pre race brief for the 10k?

That was me yes;)

Your posts are nearly as long as your pre run speechs!

If you thought that was long, wait till you do a Hardmoors Ultra D.A, once Jon Steele gets going there is no stopping him :lol:

Went back and re ran the route this morning. Similar time, but more mentally prepared for the uphill stretches after 5/6km.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back