Penshaw pieces of 8 trail run......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am looking forward to it in a sadistic way. Reckon it'll be canny but probably more demanding than a road half marathon.

Deffo more demanding than a road half, in fact we are gonna have a lost and found bin for your lungs at the Herrington Park race HQ as there could be a few spat out on the way to Offerton or the final climb up Mountain Goat Hill onto the monument.....Gonna be some epic trail racing guys and gals :cool:

Deffo more demanding than a road half, in fact we are gonna have a lost and found bin for your lungs at the Herrington Park race HQ as there could be a few spat out on the way to Offerton or the final climb up Mountain Goat Hill onto the monument.....Gonna be some epic trail racing guys and gals :cool:

Am I right in thinking there are two monument climbs? :lol:

Reactions: D.A
Have you sorted out checkpoints? Wondering weather to take a pack with me. Especially if it's hot.

Am I right in thinking there are two monument climbs? :lol:

You climb from the front of the monument at the start circling it up to the back. You then climb up "mountain goat hill" and the steps up the back of the monument and actually finish on top of the monument at the end....It is a truly brutal hands on knees finish lol ;)

Have you sorted out checkpoints? Wondering weather to take a pack with me. Especially if it's hot.

All sorted fella, will be messaging out marshals etc with details tomorrow night. There will be 1 water station on the 10k (right at the top of the big hill in the middle at Offerton) and 3 in the half.....There should be no need for anyone to carry packs....:)

PS, you actually drink on a half marathan you git fanny? ;)

You climb from the front of the monument at the start circling it up to the back. You then climb up "mountain goat hill" and the steps up the back of the monument and actually finish on top of the monument at the end....It is a truly brutal hands on knees finish lol ;)

All sorted fella, will be messaging out marshals etc with details tomorrow night. There will be 1 water station on the 10k (right at the top of the big hill in the middle at Offerton) and 3 in the half.....There should be no need for anyone to carry packs....:)
;)
PS, you actually drink on a half marathan you git fanny?

Piece of piss man.......:lol: Seriously good luck to the lads organising it. Hopefully they can get numbers up for the 10k so I have less chance of finishing last.

Piece of piss man.......:lol: Seriously good luck to the lads organising it. Hopefully they can get numbers up for the 10k so I have less chance of finishing last.

Thanks Spoony, great thing about trail racing is that generally its you against the trail, so varied from course to course that run the same runners on 10 different courses and you will get 10 different results as each course will lend itself to different strengths of individuals involved. Just tell people that it was only 1000ft of climb and you would have won if it was 2000ft lol ;)

Thanks Spoony, great thing about trail racing is that generally its you against the trail, so varied from course to course that run the same runners on 10 different courses and you will get 10 different results as each course will lend itself to different strengths of individuals involved. Just tell people that it was only 1000ft of climb and you would have won if it was 2000ft lol ;)

Hopefully the Gateshead Trail 10k on Saturday will be a nice little warm up. Need to get some proper shoes sorted like as still in my normal running trainers. Tbh, not too bothered with the time. Managed to get my road 10k time down to 53:21 at Darlington on Sunday. I'll be happy to just finish this course!

Hopefully the Gateshead Trail 10k on Saturday will be a nice little warm up. Need to get some proper shoes sorted like as still in my normal running trainers. Tbh, not too bothered with the time. Managed to get my road 10k time down to 53:21 at Darlington on Sunday. I'll be happy to just finish this course!
Say hello if you see someone sexy in a strollers vest, I'm doing it too

PS, you actually drink on a half marathan you git fanny? ;)
I sipped a bit of water in the Sunderland half. But not trained for this one yet so I might struggle if its a hot day.

Recce run of the 10k route with the race director Tim at 8am on Sunday morning for anybody interested (whether entered or not)........Meet at the bottom of Penshaw monument steps, he will have a white trail outlaws t-shirt on....I would be there but still out injured after C2C run :cry:

Recce run of the 10k route with the race director Tim at 8am on Sunday morning for anybody interested (whether entered or not)........Meet at the bottom of Penshaw monument steps, he will have a white trail outlaws t-shirt on....I would be there but still out injured after C2C run :cry:
Puff

Looking like a long term puff stint too mate, been to physio and a big lump and swelling on the tendon in my ankle foot. Could end up heading to the Hardmoors 60 with no running for 6 weeks, that should be fun lol :eek:

91 entries now, filling up nicely. Reckon the lads have broke even with those numbers? I hope so like.

Wish I could do it but I'm on nights :(

It's a morning race.
I know mate. I finish nightshift at 7 so could get to Penshaw for 8. Finish the race at 11, get home and in bed for 12. Up again at 5 for another 12hr shift.

Not really a reasonable proposition like :neutral:

Although I'd still beat yea ;)

I know mate. I finish nightshift at 7 so could get to Penshaw for 8. Finish the race at 11, get home and in bed for 12. Up again at 5 for another 12hr shift.

Not really a reasonable proposition like :neutral:

Although I'd still beat yea ;)
Prove it

What's your half marathon pb?

Prove it

What's your half marathon pb?
I was kidding marra but my half marathon pb is 1hr 59m! 10k in 55min and 5k in 24mins.

I can cycle up Puerto De Las Palomas in 53minutes though - play to your strengths and that ;)

I was kidding marra but my half marathon pb is 1hr 59m! 10k in 55min and 5k in 24mins.

I can cycle up Puerto De Las Palomas in 53minutes though - play to your strengths and that ;)
out of the country is a bit different.

31 minutes faster on a half, 15 minutes on 10 km, 5 minutes on 5km. No marathon or 50 milers?

out of the country is a bit different.

31 minutes faster on a half, 15 minutes on 10 km, 5 minutes on 5km. No marathon or 50 milers?
Not yet. I'm new to running tbh. Only been training since the start of the year - and I use the term 'training' loosely. My sports have always been football and cycling.

Some cracking times there though @D.A lad! Giz a couple of months and I'll be whizzing past ya...

91 entries now, filling up nicely. Reckon the lads have broke even with those numbers? I hope so like.

Wish I could do it but I'm on nights :(

A big thanks to anyone who has entered so far and we are planning to put a cracking event on for you. Really happy with the numbers, particularly given its proximity to the GNR (which will not be an issue next year as looking at a much earlier date in the racing calendar).....Yes the race itself will break even although like most new ventures there is significant capital set up costs too so certainly not planning our retirement any time soon lol......We are here for the long run though folks, St Cuthberts Way Ultra already open for entries next July (100K Holy Island to Melrose in Scotland), we are making progress on the Kielder Dark Skies Marathon which we are still hoping to get on in March and we have another cracking marathon/half marathon in County Durham lined up which we hope to release for entries sometime in September....So watch this space folks.......

Oh and for those who have listened to the Trail Outlaws Podcast (free via itunes) the Cabello Blanco movie (film of the born to run book) has reached its fund target and is going into production so happy days. Hopefully our interview with the late Blanco's girlfriend and subsequent donations to the fund helped to ensure this great story gets told.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/trail-outlaws-podcast/id890139871?mt=2&ign-mpt=uo=4

A big thanks to anyone who has entered so far and we are planning to put a cracking event on for you. Really happy with the numbers, particularly given its proximity to the GNR (which will not be an issue next year as looking at a much earlier date in the racing calendar).....Yes the race itself will break even although like most new ventures there is significant capital set up costs too so certainly not planning our retirement any time soon lol......We are here for the long run though folks, St Cuthberts Way Ultra already open for entries next July (100K Holy Island to Melrose in Scotland), we are making progress on the Kielder Dark Skies Marathon which we are still hoping to get on in March and we have another cracking marathon/half marathon in County Durham lined up which we hope to release for entries sometime in September....So watch this space folks.......

Oh and for those who have listened to the Trail Outlaws Podcast (free via itunes) the Cabello Blanco movie (film of the born to run book) has reached its fund target and is going into production so happy days. Hopefully our interview with the late Blanco's girlfriend and subsequent donations to the fund helped to ensure this great story gets told.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/trail-outlaws-podcast/id890139871?mt=2&ign-mpt=uo=4
Make sure you plug future events on here mate, I'll definitely take part when I'm not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back