Patrick van Aanholt on loan............

Status
Not open for further replies.

People shit the bed when we don't sign anyone
People shit the bed when we do

It's not like dossena last year who was signed on the last day cause the was no other option and cause he was Italian

Kid is young, picked up by Chelsea, impressed for the last two years in holland. We can get him reasonably cheap.

Judge him on the pitch

There is also the possibility that our staff have watched him play

How many other players do we have that made their countries 30 man World Cup squad. Well how may that can actually play.

Van Aanholt was part of Louis van Gaal’s provisional 30-man squad for the World Cup but did not make the final cut for Brazil.

Bruno Martins (left back) who was in the final squad has just gone to Porto for 7.7 million euro.

You should know by now smb logic dictates we can't possibly sign a young lad with big potential
We have to go for proven players and then we can complain when we spaff our transfer funds away on average plodder shite

Chelsea fans on Twitter reckon theyve lost a good player there

It's not even as if Chelsea have released him. He was widely expected to get a shot at the LB spot this year until they signed a new one.

He's in the same position that we hope Borini will be in a few days from now when Liverpool sign Remy and A.N. Other.

It's not even as if Chelsea have released him. He was widely expected to get a shot at the LB spot this year until they signed a new one.

He's in the same position that we hope Borini will be in a few days from now when Liverpool sign Remy and A.N. Other.
The fee is going to the next bone of contention for idiots like Safc 2012.

If we do sign VA I will be fairly happy. Possibly pleased. Ecstatic, in fact, knowing that we are actually looking at players other than the obvious that everyone knows about eg Alonso, Vergini etc. If he doesn't want to come, then he may possibly be the worst player on earth.

What are we playing at signing/loaning players from the top teams in the UK if not Europe.......I mean Wellbeck, Borini, Rose (all deemed worthless shite by the majority on this board before wearing the stripes) just what the hell are we playing at they will be asking again :)

Under 3 million he is useless as they didn't even want a big fee for him.

Over 3 million and we have been robbed/wasted money we could have used on other targets.

Sound about right?

Chelsea have spent a reported £27 million on Luis and Azpilicueta.
Now if we had £27 million to spend on two full backs we would not be looking at this kid.
But the reality is that he is available and in our price range.

prepared to give this lad a chance. Might take him a few games to adapt but sounds like he has all the attributes.

we called Danny Rose at first, I remember I did after Liverpool but he showed what a class player he was, lets just be patient and see what the lad is all about

I have to say though I hope he aint the only left back we bring in, you need competition for places and if he got injured we would be fucked that is for sure

prepared to give this lad a chance. Might take him a few games to adapt but sounds like he has all the attributes.

we called Danny Rose at first, I remember I did after Liverpool but he showed what a class player he was, lets just be patient and see what the lad is all about

I have to say though I hope he aint the only left back we bring in, you need competition for places and if he got injured we would be fucked that is for sure
I reckon both the player and Gus will be relieved when they read this! "Thank God" they'll be thinking!

Let's see what he'll cost if we are looking to buy rather than loan. I bet he's a fraction of what Chelsea will want for Bertrand. Neither are going to get a game now.

I say go for it, and I hope we are still in for another LB.

PVA must have something if Chelsea signed him and he'll probably be half of what Bertrand would cost.

Alonso or Rose would be nice as well though. LB still remains our weakest position on the field….we need 2.

the same old names cropping up again with absolute nonsense, I see. I understand people having reservations, but "no mark, "joker", f***ing have a word with yourself. Also the same people banging on about having a plan B, well plan B is exactly that, not quite what you want but the next best option open to you. In Borini's case, moaning we don't have a Plan B, in this case moaning cos we've used it.

Let's see what he'll cost if we are looking to buy rather than loan. I bet he's a fraction of what Chelsea will want for Bertrand. Neither are going to get a game now.

I say go for it, and I hope we are still in for another LB.

PVA must have something if Chelsea signed him and he'll probably be half of what Bertrand would cost.

Alonso or Rose would be nice as well though. LB still remains our weakest position on the field….we need 2.

If PvA comes in wed be daft to bring in Rose/Alonso as well. If we did, we'd have problems giving them both enough games to keep them happy but also we would be left with only five defenders to cover the other three positions. Once we finally sign a left back we need to ensure that the rest of our incoming defenders can comfortably play in a couple of positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back