Patrick van Aanholt on loan............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope he's a Rose-like surprise. Seems to have been done very quickly, got him in... an actual left-back, pacy, supposedly good going forward.

I don't particularly rate the defences in the Dutch league tbh, and apparently he wasn't that great at Wigan. But he could have improved and came for a relatively cheap price. If we sign someone else who can play left-back, even better.

Hope he's a Rose-like surprise. Seems to have been done very quickly, got him in... an actual left-back, pacy, supposedly good going forward.

I don't particularly rate the defences in the Dutch league tbh, and apparently he wasn't that great at Wigan. But he could have improved and came for a relatively cheap price. If we sign someone else who can play left-back, even better.

Generally the Dutch (especially if they end up playing for the national side) tend to produce technically decent footballers. At his age and experience, I doubt he's going to be anything but a work in progress, but then Alonso was a bit horrific going backwards and dived in often, with no pace, even though he was very (very) good on the ball. So if this lad is technically decent, quick and even decent going forward it might fit the balance of the side, seeing as we have zero pace at centre back, but experience and we have plenty of midfield cover. I guess well see, but I'm not going to judge him on not edging out Cole, Bertrand and others in a side aiming for the Championship and CL, nor will I judge him on 3 or 5 games on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back