One Plus 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My phone only uses 50% of 4GB so I reckon 6GB is totally pointless

My only real issue now is the lack of NFC,i knew it didn't have it but never thought I'd want it
Nfc is very good. I use Android pay every day and i like sharing photos with it with my wife's phone.

6gb is overkill today, but in a years time it'll probably be standard and allow the phone to work with newer updates for longer.

I've got a Oneplus One and its superb for the money, it's broken now but I probably shouldn't have thrown it at the floor as much as I have. I've just ordered the 3 and its just left Poznan this morning so expecting it early next week.

My phone only uses 50% of 4GB so I reckon 6GB is totally pointless

My only real issue now is the lack of NFC,i knew it didn't have it but never thought I'd want it
thought I might miss it but really not fussed only ever used it for easily sharing pics

Nfc is very good. I use Android pay every day and i like sharing photos with it with my wife's phone.

6gb is overkill today, but in a years time it'll probably be standard and allow the phone to work with newer updates for longer.
I'm not sure it is, necessarily. More RAM = less chance of background stuff being unloaded. My Oppo has 3gb and I still find apps I want to stay open getting closed if I (say) open too many browser tabs in the foreground. I reckon doubling the RAM would allow everything I run to stay open all the time.

What did you think of the One? I was thinking about it before I bought the Oppo, due to Cyanogen. But they ditched it.

I'm not sure it is, necessarily. More RAM = less chance of background stuff being unloaded. My Oppo has 3gb and I still find apps I want to stay open getting closed if I (say) open too many browser tabs in the foreground. I reckon doubling the RAM would allow everything I run to stay open all the time.

What did you think of the One? I was thinking about it before I bought the Oppo, due to Cyanogen. But they ditched it.
The one was spot on, it's still getting cyanogen updates, just given it to my mam.
Oxygen os is ok actually, very similar to a nexus experience.

They didnt abandon cyanogen, cyanogen signed an exclusive deal in India with another brand.

The one was spot on, it's still getting cyanogen updates, just given it to my mam.
Oxygen os is ok actually, very similar to a nexus experience.

They didnt abandon cyanogen, cyanogen signed an exclusive deal in India with another brand.
Can you get it on the 3 then, or was it always just the 1?

I don't know much about Oxygen. It was more the open source status that appealed. I was toying with setting coursework to extend the stock Cyanogen experience.

been looking a the one plus phones today, I've been SCOURING the Chinese market all day, and I have just this second plumped for a homtom ht10, yes it sounds crap, but the specs are ridiculous ! deca core, and its even got the iris scanner :cool: great price too

been looking a the one plus phones today, I've been SCOURING the Chinese market all day, and I have just this second plumped for a homtom ht10, yes it sounds crap, but the specs are ridiculous ! deca core, and its even got the iris scanner :cool: great price too

I've the ht7pro and its spot on

Should have went for the xiaomi as described earlyer. Mind there are plenty good options on the chinese market tbf.

Should have went for the xiaomi as described earlyer. Mind there are plenty good options on the chinese market tbf.

wasn't it a lot more expensive mate ? I'm sick of paying top dollar for Samsung and apple, when these Chinese phones are WAY cheaper, and with much better specs, and..... let's face it, probably made in the same factory ! :lol:

Amazing value. Hope you're not expecting a decent camera mind.

Oh and SCRATTER ;)

Can you get it on the 3 then, or was it always just the 1?

I don't know much about Oxygen. It was more the open source status that appealed. I was toying with setting coursework to extend the stock Cyanogen experience.
They stopped shipping with cyanogen after the one
Note that's cyanogen the commercial os, not cyanogenmod.

Oxygen is completely fine. Imo.

Amazing value. Hope you're not expecting a decent camera mind.

Oh and SCRATTER ;)

21 mega front and 8 mega for making myself beautiful selfie wise :D (Sony camera on it too)
I got our lass he elephone p9000,and it great for the price, so... decided to take the Chinese plunge too

oh and..? thanks ;) fully paid up card carrying scratter me like ! :cool: x

Last edited:
wasn't it a lot more expensive mate ? I'm sick of paying top dollar for Samsung and apple, when these Chinese phones are WAY cheaper, and with much better specs, and..... let's face it, probably made in the same factory ! :lol:
Plus you've got more chance of getting the specs you want. I paid under 200 sovs for this Chinese one and it's mint. A 7" one I was looking at was even cheaper. I can't see me ever buying a big name brand again except maybe LG, but they don't do big screens.

Shame about the Brexit tax though.

21 mega front and 8 mega for making myself beautiful selfie wise :D (Sony camera on it too)
I got our lass he elephone p9000,and it great for the price, so... decided to take the Chinese plunge too

oh and..? thanks ;) fully paid up card carrying scratter me like ! :cool: x
Just preparing you for when the appleista find out! Though they might focus on the hom.. instead. :Lol:

Plus you've got more chance of getting the specs you want. I paid under 200 sovs for this Chinese one and it's mint. A 7" one I was looking at was even cheaper. I can't see me ever buying a big name brand again except maybe LG, but they don't do big screens.

Shame about the Brexit tax though.

Just preparing you for when the appleista find out! Though they might focus on the hom.. instead. :Lol:

I agree with you mate, I was on the Apple thread last night, the prices big bandied about are ridiculous !
I've contacted farage about the Brexit tax, and he said he is going to waiver it for me :D
and good point about the hom bit, it OK though, I've bought a case for it to cover it (up there for thinking ;) ha)

Can be had for £110ish now, Paid £130 for mine 3 months back.

Can be had for £110ish now, Paid £130 for mine 3 months back.

must be getting mixed up woth something else mate, I've looked at that many today ! :D
seriously though I would urge anyone to look up he specs on that phone I've just bought, someone may shoot me down who is super techy, but it looks better than the s7 note that I was thinking of, and the was over 3 times the price !

must be getting mixed up woth something else mate, I've looked at that many today ! :D
seriously though I would urge anyone to look up he specs on that phone I've just bought, someone may shoot me down who is super techy, but it looks better than the s7 note that I was thinking of, and the was over 3 times the price !
Chinese smart phones like the ones we have mentioned will take off soon. Quite a following on some forums. No need for £950 iphones any more.:lol:

i've got the OnePlus X

superb build quality for the price it was and still pretty quick despite the older tech

would go for the OnePlus 3 but can't get away with the 5.5" screen

Reactions: PTR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back