Mignolet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people on here slag him off just because he's not our keeper anymore.
He was excellent for us, brought in as third choice and one for the future, played very well when he got his chance and became our no1.
He's 26, young for a keeper, he will come good again, I'd have him back here no problem.
This. His saves made a lot of points that season. I'd happily have him back here.

I always said he wasnt good as people made out. Excellent shot stopper but very ropey positional wise at times and stayed on his line almost as much as Shay Given did when crosses came in. We do have a habit of over rating goal keepers mind.

He did. But we also conceding a good number that people didn't realise were his fault (mainly from crosses).
I was being sarcastic mate :lol: He was way overated and honestly cant remember him winning a match with his saves. Mignolet made some big errors but has at the same time won them some games

I was being sarcastic mate :lol: He was way overated and honestly cant remember him winning a match with his saves. Mignolet made some big errors but has at the same time won them some games

Well he did pull us out the shite on occasion.

Only thing I miss is his chant.

Well he did pull us out the shite on occasion.

Only thing I miss is his chant.
Think we might be getting wires crossed somewhere :lol:

Mignolet was class for us and I would have him back here immediately.

I was saying Pepe Reina is shite and overated, never made outstanding saves that won matches

Think we might be getting wires crossed somewhere :lol:

Mignolet was class for us and I would have him back here immediately.

I was saying Pepe Reina is shite and overated, never made outstanding saves that won matches

:lol: Mignolet wasn't class and was over rated! But made some crucial one one saves.

panning out exactly as I predicted. He's a decent keeper who makes a lot of mistakes. He got away with a lot of them for us and the ones he didn't get away with, nobody in the media cared about because he played for Sunderland. The moment he moved to Liverpool he was going to be in the spotlight, and suddenly all the errors were going to be talked about.

We got a good deal out of it.

I always said he wasnt good as people made out. Excellent shot stopper but very ropey positional wise at times and stayed on his line almost as much as Shay Given did when crosses came in. We do have a habit of over rating goal keepers mind.

Only really one-on-ones and close range reaction saves. He can be bizarrely lumbering on shots from distance.

Last edited:
He's taking a right shoeing on the comments thread in the Daily Fail and on twitter as well. I think the Scousers have found their fall-guy for this season already. Many are of course going on at Grobbelaar about how much money he could make in the modern game to let more goals in. To be fair, we knew the failings of Mig before he left us - unable to dominate his box, flaps at crosses but an excellent shot stopper. If we knew, there is no excuse for the Scouse Management not to know what they were buying. Oh and thanks for the £9M. My thoughts, Brenda will panic buy in January Sales.
Agree mostly but I think he commanded the box ok. Had more presence than Gordon imo which was why I preferred him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back