Mignolet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he made a bigger twat of himself at times last season.

Did OK this season. Should be looking at Johnson (dodgy defender), Balotelli (what a joke signing) and the two who shan't be criticised - Gerrard and Sterling.

Sterling has been awol for the past 6 weeks for Liverpool and Gerrard is a passenger.

Easy target. Their problems are down to the manager now being found out for what he really is. A chancer

He's certainly spunked away the Suarez £££££ and a lot more besides

doesnt matter how good your keeper is when you have skrtel who likes to score the odd own goal and your defence in general is shite!!

I think he's being made a bit of a scapegoat here like. Their defence is shit. Skrtel's turned into a wrestler judging by the amount of grabbing and shirt pulling he does. Lovren looks way out of his depth. Gerrard's past it. Balotelli's, well, Balotelli. So aye, let's blame the young keeper for everything.

Plus, Rodger's pissed his transfer budget away.

Fuck them.

Really rated Mig but the only way he would get to be Belgium No 1 would be to hire a hit man. Courtois is light years better than him.

Liverpool's problems are exactly the same as Spurs from last season. Sold their best player so over compensate by buying in loads of lesser quality, but better than average players and not having a system to fit them all in. Therefore the manager is forever changing the team to try and make his investments seem wise and good. Put ANY half decent keeper behind a solid continuous defence and you'll see less conceded as opposed to chopping and changing.

He was a decent 'keeper whilst here, nothing more, nothing less. His ability to make excellent saves in one-on-ones during his final season here covered up some of the glaring deficiencies in his game which are now being highlighted at Liverpool - poor with the ball at his feet, indecisive on crosses and his footwork is pretty shocking. Gordon was always a better 'keeper but fans couldn't get past the price tag for some reason, Mignolet has done well to make the most of what he has but Liverpool and the pressure that brings was always a step up that seemed beyond him IMO.
This. I've always maintained that we took their eyes out with that fee.

Mignolet was an excellent shot stopper and one 0n one keeper whilst at Sunderland but he didn't command his box and too many goals were conceded from crosses which he should have collected/cleared. It is a weakness in his game. That said, Captain Fishpaste said at the time that todays' goalkeepers are trained to stay on their line for crosses and that my observations were wrong. So I guess he knows best ;)

Good keeper and better than either of our current options but as others have said, he had some hugely evident flaws in his game whilst he was here which were always going to be highlighted more at Liverpool. Can see what people are saying about him not being helped by his defence but you can look at it the other way round as well, it's obvious when watching their games that their players have little to no confidence in Mignolet.

Oh dear. Seems to be 1 mistake after another now. Feel bad for him he's been scapegoated quite abit however that was really poor

Oh dear. Seems to be 1 mistake after another now. Feel bad for him he's been scapegoated quite abit however that was really poor

Haven't seen tonight's goal but can't help but feel people are just picking faults now. Fraser Forster came charging out his goal and let Villa score on Monday but I haven't heard that mentioned since. Mignolet would have been eaten alive..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back