Mannone will be straight back in ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The bairns confidence is bound to suffer from the above. Imagine playing behind a defence that makes so many crass errors. The lad is on a hiding to nothing.

Not for me......he doesn't look as if a lack of confidence will ever be an issue and I think he's actually getting better as he gets more pitch time. Mannone, on the other hand does look like a confidence player to me.

Dropping our player of the month shows how shite every one else is. We have to stick with the defence and hope communication improves

It would of been very similar to the reaction it got with Pickford in.

Young players don't get much of a chance on here from most.

It wouldn't. Most people didn't seem too bothered by it because he'd made three or four saves that any decent keeper would have made earlier in the match.

He did against Southampton, imagine the reaction on here if Mannone had made that mistake.

Still it'd be harsh to drop Pickford now. Only reason to bring him back in is if Moyes wants more experience in the team.

He would have made mistakes in that time period more than likely, keeper do it how you react afterwards and whether or not they become common. Courtois, Brava, De Gea have all made costly mistakes as bad as Pickford's in the same period of time. Its only because Pickford is so young that people make an issue out of it.

He would have made mistakes in that time period more than likely, keeper do it how you react afterwards and whether or not they become common. Courtois, Brava, De Gea have all made costly mistakes as bad as Pickford's in the same period of time. Its only because Pickford is so young that people make an issue out of it.

Not many people are making an issue out of it are they? I thought that most people (me included) were happy enough with him in goal.

....... when he's fit won't he?

Definitely. Whilst im all for getting behind Pickford and supporting the lad I think hes looked out of his depth.

He makes great saves but often parries the ball back into play which just sustains the pressure. He also has to make these great saves because he refuses to come off his line and collect the ball from corners, theres loads of crosses he should be claiming instead of staying on his line and trying to save the inevetiable headers. Against Palace he caused mayhem and hesitation amongst the defenders by refusing to come out and get through balls, meaning defenders had to give away or corners or clear for throw ins, thus maintaining the relentless pressure. He could come out and clear or collect balls on the edge of his box. This might only come with experience which id rather he got in the Championship instead of with us at the bottom of the Premier, or we'll inevitably end up there ourselves. Its not all his fault, but he's contributing. He needs to be more commanding and communicate better.

Mannone to start for me. Pickford hasn't really shown me anything more. Depressing really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back