Mannone will be straight back in ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the games that we have lost since Mannoe has been out injured, has anyone come away thinking "would have won/drawn that if Mannone" had been playing.

Pickford needs a target for his goal kicks to get the most out of him.

No, we need to play football instead of launching it every f***ing time

This is so inaccurate its laughable , apart from one mistake at southampton pickford has been excellent in every game and every pundit watching our games has said so.
He has a terrible back four in front of him and yet he has made save after save .
Where has all this crap come from that he has been poor , he hasnt , apart from defoe he has been our best performer in almost every game.
FFS man this board.

Unbelievable how polarised people seem to be. Many on here were arguing that he was worth over £25M in the summer.

Hate to say it but yes Vito back in unless we seen some clean sheets

Unbelievable how polarised people seem to be. Many on here were arguing that he was worth over £25M in the summer.
25mm haha De Gea was less than 20mm

Blame the defence all you want but for every goal that goes against us Pickford has to held responsible in some way as he is of course the goalkeeper.

Without a doubt the most idiotic thing I've ever read on here.

I'll humour you, what could Pickford have done about ANY of the 3 goals conceded last week?

He'd go straight back in for me. Clearly a huge issue between him and the two centre halfs. No communication and he's glued to his line. Really talented shot stopper but Mannone is still the better all round keeper for me. Well at the minute anyway. Pickford still has a lot of potential and already is a decent keeper.

I'll humour you, what could Pickford have done about ANY of the 3 goals conceded last week?
Probably nothing I agree but whilst I think he's an outstanding shot stopper he doesn't command his area like a top class keeper should.
He's not the biggest keeper and it shows. You just couldn't imagine him flying out to win the ball knocking all aside in his path.

Probably nothing I agree but whilst I think he's an outstanding shot stopper he doesn't command his area like a top class keeper should.
He's not the biggest keeper and it shows. You just couldn't imagine him flying out to win the ball knocking all aside in his path.
Mannone doesn't either though

Hardlys the most idiotic thing man f***ing hell.

Thing is with Pickford near enough every goal he's conceded bar the Southampton one people keep saying he couldn't have done anything about them as if they were impossible to save.

I've seen plenty of goalkeepers make saves over the years in similar situations to the second and third goals we conceded against palace.

Im in no way saying he's shite but he isn't convincing me so far and his record isn't helping his case.

He's conceded something like 14 goals in his first 6 premier league games, not really a healthy record tbh.

I get he's a local lad and people want him to do well but apart from looking promising at points on the whole he's been pretty poor.

Put him behind the Man City back four and see how many he concedes?

I agree with this. His size doesn't help, but I'm sure as his confidence grows we might see him commanding his area a bit more

There's no communication between him and the back four but I guess that will come with experience. Needs to come off his line and command his box. Let's see how he is with JOS in front

Pickford has the shirt now and has done nothing wrong since Southampton, therefore he stays.

You don't change keepers (for Prem. games) on a whim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back