Mannone will be straight back in ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's conceded something like 14 goals in his first 6 premier league games, not really a healthy record tbh.

I get he's a local lad and people want him to do well but apart from looking promising at points on the whole he's been pretty poor.

He did against Southampton, imagine the reaction on here if Mannone had made that mistake.

Still it'd be harsh to drop Pickford now. Only reason to bring him back in is if Moyes wants more experience in the team.

Whilst I'm sure you're talking about PL experience, I'm fairly sure Pickford has made around 115 professional appearances in English club football. I'd be surprised if Mannone has that many. My choice would be Pickford.

Pickford has done OK (actually he has been very good and his nerve has mostly held apart from that blooper v Southampton) but his much vaunted distributon has been pointless - it's no good being able to kick the ball quickly and accurately into their half if the players then trying to hold it up are Defoe, Watmore and Januzaj - it just ends up giving the ball away faster.

Can't blame the lad really though - considering how many goals he has let in, he's been playing pretty well. The least of our concerns at the moment.

Whilst I'm sure you're talking about PL experience, I'm fairly sure Pickford has made around 115 professional appearances in English club football. I'd be surprised if Mannone has that many. My choice would be Pickford.

Let's be honest here - he has never kept a clean sheet when he has played for us. Let's not pretend he's Petr Cech. I think Pickford has better reflexes and kicking, I think Mannone is better at one on ones and perhaps at crosses and organising his defence..it's pretty much a wash for me at this point but have no issue with either of them in goal for us if I'm honest.

We are missing Mannone. Look at how many goals we are conceding from crosses.

Let's be honest here - he has never kept a clean sheet when he has played for us. Let's not pretend he's Petr Cech. I think Pickford has better reflexes and kicking, I think Mannone is better at one on ones and perhaps at crosses and organising his defence..it's pretty much a wash for me at this point but have no issue with either of them in goal for us if I'm honest.

He has in the cup however - Southampton apart there isn't a goalkeeper that's ever set foot on a pitch that could have kept clean sheet in any other game he's played in. Not Shilton at his best, De Gea, Buffon.

Up to Vito to await his opportunity whether that is poor performances from Pickford, injury or suspension etc same as {Pickford had to do because the lad has done well. Must be hard behind the defence as one second they look good the next ridiculous...

He's conceded something like 14 goals in his first 6 premier league games, not really a healthy record tbh.

I get he's a local lad and people want him to do well but apart from looking promising at points on the whole he's been pretty poor.
This is so inaccurate its laughable , apart from one mistake at southampton pickford has been excellent in every game and every pundit watching our games has said so.
He has a terrible back four in front of him and yet he has made save after save .
Where has all this crap come from that he has been poor , he hasnt , apart from defoe he has been our best performer in almost every game.
FFS man this board.

This is so inaccurate its laughable , apart from one mistake at southampton pickford has been excellent in every game and every pundit watching our games has said so.
He has a terrible back four in front of him and yet he has made save after save .
Where has all this crap come from that he has been poor , he hasnt , apart from defoe he has been our best performer in almost every game.
FFS man this board.

Bang on marra. Bang on.

FFS man this board.

I'm sorry like but isn't a goalkeepers job to stop the ball from going in the net? He's letting in more than two on average per game...

Blame the defence all you want but for every goal that goes against us Pickford has to held responsible in some way as he is of course the goalkeeper.

Pickford reminds me a little of Westwood when he was here. I prefer Vito in the immediate.

That's a wind up surely - Westwood was inept

I'm sorry like but isn't a goalkeepers job to stop the ball from going in the net? He's letting in more than two on average per game...

Blame the defence all you want but for every goal that goes against us Pickford has to held responsible in some way as he is of course the goalkeeper.

Definitely a wind up - you can't know as little about football as that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back