LVCC - Durham v Somerset

Status
Not open for further replies.
i expect a durham win but this game reminds of the yorkshire home match when root scored 180 ish to secure an unlikely win.

Maybe expecting 300 is a bit much. However expecting not to be 152-7 at Close is the other end of the spectrum. I'm sure we'd all have settled for somewhere in the middle. It's your opinion of course but I'm really not seeking attention. It's a forum for debate about cricket and I just enjoy talking about it to like minded people. I'd discuss it with our lass if I could but she wouldn't know the difference between a seamer and a spinner.

Collapses happen, good bowling happens, bat batting happens. The fact remains we're in a dominant position and weather permitting we should go on to win. Doesn't matter how you win, as long as you do.

Just be realistic in your 'demands'; we're never going to rack up 500 and then bowl them out twice for 0. Not at the Riverside, which is what you seemingly want.

Collapses happen, good bowling happens, bat batting happens. The fact remains we're in a dominant position and weather permitting we should go on to win. Doesn't matter how you win, as long as you do.

Just be realistic in your 'demands'; we're never going to rack up 500 and then bowl them out twice for 0. Not at the Riverside, which is what you seemingly want.

I simply strive for perfection my friend ;)

So you're satisfied that we're 144-7?

I'd be as happy as anyone if I'm wrong and we win it but forgive me for being worried.

Close, 152-7. Lead of 275.

you do go way over the top mate, this is following the pattern of pretty much every home game last season, we have limited resources, and the performances we pull out each week are remarkable, you ask far too much

i agree. just worried if trescothick has one of those days and scores a ton plus they could sneak it. in reality though durham should win this by at least 50

was amazed to hear that trescothick didn't score a century all of last season.

nailed on for a big score tomorrow like, hopefully colly and harrison can carry on for a bit and bunny & rushy have a good swing too, the more runs the merrier :lol:

you do go way over the top mate, this is following the pattern of pretty much every home game last season, we have limited resources, and the performances we pull out each week are remarkable, you ask far too much
We probably have 175 too much

Rain has stopped in Washington but very dark so even if the ground is fit they could not start now due to bad light.

But if the cloud moves then should get a start

I'd be very surprised if there's any play before tea time. Dark skies all around the ground.

Apparantly the ECB have set the rules for light meters this season. If the light falls below a certain point on the light meter that has been set by the ECB they must come off. Ridiculous idea IMO.

Apparantly the ECB have set the rules for light meters this season. If the light falls below a certain point on the light meter that has been set by the ECB they must come off. Ridiculous idea IMO.

Light meters are only used in international matches. The ECB stopped using them for county games a couple of seasons ago. The thinking behind the change was that the ECB deemed the umpires to be the best judge of "local conditions" and all calls on bad light to be solely at the umpires discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back