Junior Doctors 'In it Together' with other Public Sector Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is going to give you locums? I would sooner see wards close than have a hospital give a walk out a locum shift. If you refuse training positions, so what? The only person that you damage is yourself and I can assure you that I don't give a shiny shit about your career development.

There are at least twenty per cent of junior doctors who are not in the BMA and who will continue to work as normal. There will be many who will be all talk, but when it comes to action, will lose their balls. And don't you kid yourself that you will get extended support from the public once you start to inconvenience them.

It's the independent, man.
You asked me if I believed a DWP quote from it's website rather than you yesterday, please ignore me and my posts.

So if Nissan shit on its workers and they decide to resign it's the workers fault that the cars don't roll out. Fuck off man

Yes. Who else would you blame? Management don't work on the production line.

You asked me if I believed a DWP quote from it's website rather than you yesterday, please ignore me and my posts.

You are entitled to block me or ignore my posts if you don't like them, so do one.

I'm not adverse to paying more tax if it keeps the NHS from being obliterated at the hands of tories.

Only they don't want it to succeed. They know the 7 day a week NHS is unworkable at the minute and are pushing through these reforms.

It will allow them to say that the NHS is failing and quietly start to sell it off. There's medical companies around the world desperate to get their hands on it.
Long term a little bit of tax may not do it. It may be that people are going to have to pay for services like they do in Canada and Australia etc where they have a hybrid government and personally financed system.
It just makes it all a bit skewed when people say oh the doctors get more cash, holidays etc in Canada and Aus etc. but the patients do pay far more in those countries...for example in Aus iirc you have to pay for an ambulance, unless your a low earner, private insurance is encouraged to pay for the hospital care that the government doesn't cover etc.
Although better for the doctors and nurses pay and condition wise, an onus is put on the general public to pay too.
With our ageing population regardless of what everyone thinks, and we do have probably the best health service for the size and population of country , I just can't see it being able to be sustained in it's current format forever

Last edited:
The truth is out, that's why they're striking.

The post you're quoting is a link to Sky. Not that you ever bother reading facts provided for you, otherwise you wouldn't persist with your ignorant comments.

Which appeared in the independent, doh!

Nurses are all in support of the strike. Those who asked yesterday were told it was "quiet" and it therefore had no impact.

That could be true, that could be the crib sheet. I don't know.

It didn't have any impact. Everything was planned for long before the strike, certain people took on some of the juniors tasks and everything worked as planned. You don't fuck round when people's lives are at stake - unless you are a junior doctor, that is.

Who has suffered. I work in A&E and we had a fully covered department when the strikes were on. It was harder on us without the juniors but nobody was ever put at risk.
Many people will have suffered, you don't always see what happens when they leave A&E. They may reach the ward and the plan upon leaving A&E might be forgotten.

I don't begrudge them more money. I would be happy for them to be paid more.

It is just a shame their actions will potentially cos lives though.

She's still in hospital awaiting surgery, was told it would be yesterday, then today, no sign of the surgeon yet.
It's a shame Hunt's actions are potentially going to cost lives.

not this shite again, Look, the problem is, with this 7 day a week NHS (even though i am a nurse and have worked most weekends since december) is that Mr Hunt wants to spread resources that struggle with the service that is provided on 5 days and spread these finite resources across 7 days. Also, the type of elective surgery that Jeremy Hunt wants to move to Saturday and Sundays, when these have been offered to patients, they have had virtually zero up take and you go to surgery that offer these kind of services on a weekend and other than staff your likely to be the only person in the unit/surgery/deparment. The major problem with the NHS, if you take a Junior Doctor who has been training/working for 8 years they have had, through no fault of their own, 4 health secretaries each with their own agenda and ideas on how the NHS should be ran lurching the NHS in different directions meaning the NHS, its staff and its patients, which are every single person in this country have been kicked around as a political football.

Very well said.

Maybe we should have a 7 day a week Parliament. The country needs running every day so we should have a 24 hour 7 day a week Parliament to discuss those important matters and get on with passing legislation. They could work 7 days for 5 days pay.

In fact, why don`t we use that word that politicians love to use with the public sector these days...let`s modernise Parliament. They can have a pay freeze like everyone else, have their exit payments slashed when they get voted out, increase their pension contributions in return for retiring later so they can work longer and harder for less and just be grateful they have a job. We can bring in a performance management system where the poorest performing 10% of MP`s automatically get booted out.

Bring in those measures that they love imposing on everyone else and see how they manage.

Since when has Hunt been a doctor threatening to withdraw his labour? If people die it is the doctors' fault, not Hunt's.

If your terms and conditions have been fucked about with you have every right to quit your job or withdraw your labour. The fault lies with the ones f***ing you over.

Last edited:
Which appeared in the independent, doh!

It didn't have any impact. Everything was planned for long before the strike, certain people took on some of the juniors tasks and everything worked as planned. You don't fuck round when people's lives are at stake - unless you are a junior doctor, that is.

I read your posts with interest as you obviously have insight into the working of the NHS that said, to say yesterdays action had no effect is naive at best. Elective operating cancelled, training lists not carried out, outpatient clinics cancelled/delayed - apart from that it was a relatively quiet day in our black escalation NHS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back