Jordan Rhodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doesn't really mean anything. Look at some of the players Heskey has been picked ahead of over the years.

Heskey was a footballer's player, almost every striking partner and manager he ever had loved him.

He wasn't a fans favourite because of his poor goalscoring record.

We keep in being linked with/signing forwards with mediocre goalscoring records to solve our goalscoring problem.

There is no chance anyone with a previously average goalscoring record is suddenly going to become prolific at Sunderland.

The only way we will ever sign a goalscorer is to take a chance on someone with a prolific record at a lower level.

Rhodes is such a player, but he's probably just too expensive.
Quality costs.

Absolutely ran the show against us at their place. Head and shoulders above anyone.
Potentially the next SuperKev.

Heskey was a footballer's player, almost every striking partner and manager he ever had loved him.

He wasn't a fans favourite because of his poor goalscoring record.

I don't disagree. Heskey has provided decent foil for a number of players. My suggestion is that his selection does not mean he was better than his competitors ability wise.

Simply not true. His vision and range of passing far exceeds anything we have in our squad.

it really doesn't mate. His range of passing involves four hundred 40-yard passes over 90 minutes of which 99% of them end up in the first few rows of the stand. There's a reason he doesn't get into the Scotland squad. He's the most wasteful midfielder I've ever seen and I've seen him for Rangers and Scotland over numerous years.

edit: when he isn't playing 40 yard passes out of play, he's taking 40 yard shots which inevitably end up over the bar.

Wickham was pissing all over the championship too when he played up front for Sheffield Wednesday.

He will command a big fee and imo is similar to the strikers we already have.
We need to bring in someone who has a bit of pace and plays off the shoulder as a different option. A similar style to bent or cisse who done well here.

Is that chopras stats in the championship or does it include premiership? Can't say I've checked, just my opinion that they are of similar standard.

50 or so of his 400 appearances in the prem. Vast majority in the Championship.

Yet you seemed upset I didn't reply to you personally when passing on my opinion. Think you're the one seeking something :lol:

At least you have your little yellow friends to keep you company. Here, have another ;)

it really doesn't mate. His range of passing involves four hundred 40-yard passes over 90 minutes of which 99% of them end up in the first few rows of the stand. There's a reason he doesn't get into the Scotland squad. He's the most wasteful midfielder I've ever seen and I've seen him for Rangers and Scotland over numerous years.

edit: when he isn't playing 40 yard passes out of play, he's taking 40 yard shots which inevitably end up over the bar.

Cliched nonsense. And if he did try a number of expansive passes/through balls and only a small percentage came off, they'd create a lot of chances.

50 or so of his 400 appearances in the prem. Vast majority in the Championship.

At least you have your little yellow friends to keep you company. Here, have another ;)

Cliched nonsense. And if he did try a number of expansive passes/through balls and only a small percentage came off, they'd create a lot of chances.
f***ing hell whats pissed on your chips like? Only passing on my opinion and actually giving a reason why I think it, rather than just "he's shite" comments

By that logic, Jamie Vardy was better than a multitude of other English centre forwards when he was selected. Whilst he has his strengths, I'd argue there are stronger centre forwards.
Fletcher is first choice for Scotland, every time he is fit. Fletcher is better than Rhodes and gets dogs abuse on here and is apparently shite. Vardy was picked, as the Leicester wankathon was in full throttle and that makes a difference in international selection, wrongly. He should be know where near the England squad. Fletcher is the main man for Scotland up front every time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back