Jordan Rhodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

He out scored everyone in our team last season.

Has obvious flaws, but any midfielder scoring 31 league goals in 5 seasons is neither "rubbish" nor "tosh".

using that logic, you're suggesting Charlie Adam is a better goalscorer than Jermain Defoe which just isn't true.

I've got no time for Charlie Adam - none, zero, zilch. :lol:

The talk about Charlie Austin has reminded me about this lad. Cracking goalscoring record and has outscored Charlie Austin in every season. They've always been in the same league except for last season.

Rhodes - Austin last six seasons
23 - 20
22 - 17
40 - 17
30 - 28
25 - 20
21 - 18 (Austin in the Premier League this season)

That's a cracking goalscoring record. Is there any reason to believe Rhodes couldn't make the step up and replicate/excel what Austin achieved last season?

He's slower and weaker than Austin.

50 or so of his 400 appearances in the prem. Vast majority in the Championship.

At least you have your little yellow friends to keep you company. Here, have another ;)

Cliched nonsense. And if he did try a number of expansive passes/through balls and only a small percentage came off, they'd create a lot of chances.

Cattermole's range of passing is lightyears ahead of that punter.

I really don't like Charlie Adam as you can tell.

f***ing hell whats pissed on your chips like? Only passing on my opinion and actually giving a reason why I think it, rather than just "he's shite" comments

You're the one with the pissy attitude mate, not sure why you're trying to turn it around.

Cattermole's range of passing is lightyears ahead of that punter.

I really don't like Charlie Adam as you can tell.

Oh boy.

Not liking him is fine.

He's slower and weaker than Austin.

That would seem to be the obvious argument, yet he's outscored him every single season, and quite comfortably a few times.

You're definitely using nobody's "logic" but your own when you reach this idiot conclusion.

you can't use Charlie Adam outscoring our entire team (individually) as a positive then claim he isn't better at scoring goals than one of our players. That doesn't make any sense.

Charlie Adam is a wasteful punter and Gordon Strachan knows it.

You're the one with the pissy attitude mate, not sure why you're trying to turn it around.

Oh boy.

Not liking him is fine.

That would seem to be the obvious argument, yet he's outscored him every single season, and quite comfortably a few times.

it is mate. If i could be arsed, I'd dig out the GIF of Cattermole's range of passing from last season that @andy78 posted on Twitter but I can't be arsed.

I think you can get away with it more at lower level. Particularly when you're in one of the stronger sides in the division. A forward in a team down the bottom half of the PL needs to be able to make his own chances.

I'm not sure about Rhodes. Difficult call but I feel he doesn't have enough in his game to excel at the top. I'd like to see him play in the Premier just to see how it goes.

it is mate. If i could be arsed, I'd dig out the GIF of Cattermole's range of passing from last season that @andy78 posted on Twitter but I can't be arsed.

I'd love to see it. And if it's simply stating that Cattermole has a better passing percentage completion rate than Adam then I'll lol you all the way back to Scotland.

you can't use Charlie Adam outscoring our entire team (individually) as a positive then claim he isn't better at scoring goals than one of our players. That doesn't make any sense.

Even by your standards this is a particularly stupid argument. If you can even call this sort of illogical nonsense an argument.

161 goals in 6 seasons is an unbelievable return.

Can't think of a player who's scored that many at championship/league 1 level in living memory who never got a crack at the Premier League. Maybe Steve Bull as he'd stopped scoring and was at the end of his career when he played his few games in the top flight

I am no fan of Adam either but think any neutral would have Adam's range of passing ahead of Cattermole.

That's not to say he is a better player mind

f***ing hell whats pissed on your chips like? Only passing on my opinion and actually giving a reason why I think it, rather than just "he's shite" comments

Fletcher is first choice for Scotland, every time he is fit. Fletcher is better than Rhodes and gets dogs abuse on here and is apparently shite. Vardy was picked, as the Leicester wankathon was in full throttle and that makes a difference in international selection, wrongly. He should be know where near the England squad. Fletcher is the main man for Scotland up front every time.

All it means is that Fletcher is preferred in the current Scotland system, whatever that is. I'd imagine his Premier League pedigree would play a reasonable part.

Oh boy.

Not liking him is fine.

No pissy attitude at all mate. You're the one thathad a pop at me. Anyway, he's not the answer for me at all and no better than what we have imo.

All it means is that Fletcher is preferred in the current Scotland system, whatever that is. I'd imagine his Premier League pedigree would play a reasonable part.
Far from convinced Rhodes would do anything in the premiership than what we have already.

Rhodes can't get a sniff for Scotland, the same side where Fletcher is 1st choice (and he isn't even 1st choice here!).
He could make it, but as has been said, Blackburn paid a ridiculous fee and will want at least a slight profit on it. Which means somebody will have to cough up upwards of £10m for a 25 year old who has never played in the PL, and can't get in the Scotland squad. It would be a massive risk.

Charlie Adam is a wasteful punter and Gordon Strachan knows it.

Ta-da!

Rhodes can't get a sniff for Scotland, the same side where Fletcher is 1st choice (and he isn't even 1st choice here!).
He could make it, but as has been said, Blackburn paid a ridiculous fee and will want at least a slight profit on it. Which means somebody will have to cough up upwards of £10m for a 25 year old who has never played in the PL, and can't get in the Scotland squad. It would be a massive risk.

Rhodes fell out with King Gordon, hence why he isn't always in the squad, fletcher at the moment is 1st choice but it does generally depend on who we are playing. Against Georgia he might get benched as a draw would be partially acceptable as we have Germany and Poland at home which believe it or not are both winnable games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back