Jawdee aggro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both were aired quite often. Always used to laugh at the half and half hats with "Sunderland Rangers/Celtic" :lol:

Even Celtic/Rangers stopped in the mid 80s. Never heard anyone shouting anything nice about geordies around that time

Pickies built good ships. When they joined with Sunderland shipbuilders it brought them down and finished the yards on the Wear. During the war Sunderland achievements were outstanding. However in more recent conflicts when ships were needed or in fact replacements, the Falklands, they were finished and the Tyne produced those ships. The fact is its all history now, there all sadly gone.

Yeah but sunderland had a great history in shipbuilding, Tyneside paled in comparison. Geordies are not famous for shipbuilding, Mackems are....hence the name

You misheard........it was 'Celtic! Rangers!. Anyone shouting about Geordies in the Fulwell in the 1980s would have been slapped

"Celtic/Rangers" "Geordie/Mackems" was often sang in the Fulwell end early 90's mind Boris but i agree with your other points so well done! ;)

Even Celtic/Rangers stopped in the mid 80s. Never heard anyone shouting anything nice about geordies around that time

Yeah but sunderland had a great history in shipbuilding, Tyneside paled in comparison. Geordies are not famous for shipbuilding, Mackems are....hence the name

South Tyneside.....Geordies, carried this club through vast passages of the 80 / 90's, Mackem club my arse......

Aye no shipyards on the Tyne like.....

You must have imagined it or mebbes been stood next to a Geordie........did you smack him?
I never really understood the point of the chant (presumed it was to show that both sets of rivalries were the biggest or something) but it definitely happened.

Sunderland should be proud of the achievement during the war but the river was too small to build big ones. The whole region were famous and still are but you are naive to think Tyneside is not famous for shipbuilding. The super tankers, aircraft carriers and destroyers were fantastic ships

Its well documented marra but only Geordies think its a derogatory term.......the rest of us take great pride in our dialect and that we are famous for macking ships of a standard and at a rate/volume that Tyneside (or anywhere else in the world) could only dream of. Sorry that it offends you that we don't care what you think :lol:

Reinventing history.

Bless.

South Tyneside.....Geordies, carried this club through vast passages of the 80 / 90's, Mackem club my arse......

Aye no shipyards on the Tyne like.....

Ridiculous :lol:

And where did I say there were no shipyards on the tyne? I just pointed out that the Wear was a million times better

Is that all they built marra? And can you tell me when the tyne yards had a higher output than Japan??

This should be good :lol:

You misheard........it was 'Celtic! Rangers!. Anyone shouting about Geordies in the Fulwell in the 1980s would have been slapped

I sang about Geordies in the 80's... add did all of my mates... Nobody ever tried to smack me.

Reinventing history.

Bless.

So what makes you, a sandy, presume to believe that you know exactly what Mackems were brought up to believe and that it was actually a derogatory term. The reality is that you don't because you are not a mackem and that conflicts you..........you want to believe Sunderland is a club of the geordies because you're a Geordie and while you're more than welcome to follow our club that doesn't make you correct, it just reinforces the deluded Geordie stereotype :lol:

I sang about Geordies in the 80's... add did all of my mates... Nobody ever tried to smack me.

Good job you weren't singing it next to me then

Very good, now could you expand on the myth you claimed.

No, fuck off

Sunderland should be proud of the achievement during the war but the river was too small to build big ones. The whole region were famous and still are but you are naive to think Tyneside is not famous for shipbuilding. The super tankers, aircraft carriers and destroyers were fantastic ships

Sunderland had a higher output than a country of 150million people marra........Tyneside had a few government awarded (there's a surprise :)) contracts. Sunderland were just miles better

Ridiculous :lol:

And where did I say there were no shipyards on the tyne? I just pointed out that the Wear was a million times better

I worked on the tyne alongside mackems whose yards had more or less totally closed down. Ark Royal, Illustrious, Sheffield, Coventry I was there when we rebuilt then all... Alongside mackems who detested and were embarrassed being so called. But you rewrite your history, marra. We don't need to.

Last edited:
Looks like the identity crisis gang are out again :lol: its 2014 lads and we support sunderland afc from the city of sunderland, formerly of county durham. Not questioning your support, but geordie club? Gerraway and shite man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back