Jawdee aggro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunderland were higher subsidised as they were making bigger losses. They brought Pickies down. They didnt have the expertise to build the warships

My mate spent 4 years training in Pickies, once he finished he spent the next 10 years walking rund with a bucket on his Heed........Sez it all.....

I can remember chants of we hate geordies and we hate geordies etc etc, also celtic rangers then lads would shout geordies mackums straight after (with tyneside fans singing geordies), but this stopped about 84 or 85. After this i never ever heard any safc fans singing anything about been geordies, imagine the away end at st james in the play off semi final win in 90 and we were all singing.......we are the geordies???????? eh? dont be silly!!!

The bedrock is still there sunbeam, maybe you're embarrassed that you can't motivate more of your townsfolk to get off their arse and walk the last mile, just like in the 80's.....This is a Padrewesque fookin mare noo

Are you a bit backwards marra........your support isn't good enough to keep you home town team in the same county :lol:

I've never claimed Sunderland is a Geordie club... I've said that part of its history and it's foundation was built on Geordie support... Long before your newly adopted identity... When your own kinsmen considered themselves to be geordies.

And of course we don't have a name that tells of our shipbuilding history... a history of which you can rightly be proud... because we already had our own name steeped in our own proud history. You're arguing with yourself about something you have only read about from folk who want you to read their version of events instead of the concrete facts. Look at gross tonnage output, year upon year and then get back to me.

All Mackems now marra.....accept it or gan support your own home town team

You can't win that one mate, you are wrong. Illustrious, Ark Royal, Sheffield, Coventry etc pride of the fleet and I can go on. Belfast were given the major contract that finished Swans and they were massively subsidised but they didn't want the political fall out over there. You started a shipbuilding argument for some reason with the wrong person and lost. Stick to bigotry and history changing, you may be better at it.

Sorry mate but if you were that good you would be renowned for shipbuilding......like Mackems

Sunderland was an excellent shipbuilding town, now name a Sunderland shipyard as renowned as Swan Hunters, we are not all Mackems now marra, and I will support which team I want with or without your permission.

You've never heard 'We hate geordies' being sang? Do you watch it on sky?

Don't watch sunderland on sky marra as I go to all games home and aways so couldn't comment. We don't sing it at aways mind if that helps. As someone else said though why would anyone sing we hate Geordies when we have loads of lads from Hebburn, Jarrow, Shields and all along Tyneside died in the wool SAFC? I know it has been done to death on here like but does it really bother anyone that we referred to ourselves as Geordies in the 70s and possibly early 80s? One of my oldest footy memories was of big lads running through Kings Cross on the way to Chelsea in 75 chanting Geordies here Geordies there Geordies every f*cking where - much to the bemusement of onlookers

Can't remember it being sang at Roker - mind when it was sang in the early days in the Fulwell but in the latter years I'd moved to main stand Roker Wing paddock and before that The Roker. Not saying it wasn't but can't recall it that's all.

Doesn't matter. We were happy to be called Geordies and referred to ourselves as Geordie boot boys and even sang about Geordie's fatha :) :)

He's an idiot. Sunderland is my local club I'm from South Shields. It's the same for people from Durham, Seaham, Peterlee, Narrow and further afield, they are not Mackems and probably glad. It's our club. I have sat in the same seat at SOL since it opened with my mates. Three of us from South Tyneside. Five seats in front and beside me are a family from Whitley Bay and moved from Roker with me. Three lads behind are from Seaham and a couple of rows back some lads from The Fad in Shields and I can go on. Not a Mackem amongst them. I have not been derogatory about people from Sunderland because I relate to them having lived their, worked their and also followed the same team. In fact I live in Tyneside, amongst Geordies near to the clubs operational centre, the AOL. Long may we continue to support our local team together as I have in three divisions and 29 seasons tickets. And idiots like the bigot to go away which he probably did when we weren't so good.

Are you a bit backwards marra........your support isn't good enough to keep you home town team in the same county :lol:
All Mackems now marra.....accept it or gan support your own home town team
Sorry mate but if you were that good you would be renowned for shipbuilding......like Mackems

Dinna werry our boy, imagine ya crowds if the south tyneside mob didn't turn up, been wiping ya arse since the 80's, you just mak sure ye nip off on 80 mins to get in the queue for ya fish lot.....

Whatever mate.........I went to the match with mates from Hebburn and Jarrow and they were both sheepish whenever we sang it so I know what happened even though you would rewrite history.

It doesn't really matter as we are a proud Mackem club NOW who eschew the term 'Geordie'........that's all that matters in the end :)
Mates

So his mates don't go now?

Sunderland was an excellent shipbuilding town, now name a Sunderland shipyard as renowned as Swan Hunters, we are not all Mackems now marra, and I will support which team I want with or without your permission.
Exactly. Sunderland shipyards were heroes during the war. The whole region has a lot to be proud of. I was at Swans in 85 and half my office, most from Tyneside went to wembley

Last edited:
My first game was in 74 and we were a co. Durham team because of the geographical location. As we are still in the county boundaries I reckon we still are. When I go away I am chanting among Geordies, Mackems, pit yackers, wooly backs, teessiders, sand dancers, even Scots, Yorkies and Cumbrians - that's just the local aways.

All Sunderland and all red and white don't have to label anyone tbh.

Sunderland is a Mackem club, just as Newcastle is a Geordie club.. it doesn't mean we can't draw supporters that identify with other regional identities.

To suggest Sunderland is not a Mackem club because the identity isn't that old is quite ridiculous, the North East was once a Welsh speaking kingdom called Berncia... are we Welsh?

:lol::lol:

Sunderland is a Mackem club, just as Newcastle is a Geordie club.. it doesn't mean we can't draw supporters that identify with other regional identities.

To suggest Sunderland is not a Mackem club because the identity isn't that old is quite ridiculous, the North East was once a Welsh speaking kingdom called Berncia... are we Welsh?

:lol::lol:

I started supporting before it was a mackem club and before the term "mackem" was invented as a slur by outsiders, therefore i claim "grandfather's rights" to it being a Geordie club.

Maybe geordie club is a bit strong nowadays but it's no more a geordie club than a mackem club or a yacker club. As it always was.

Mags at graft think we are daft for arguing over it.

They keep it simple. Support NUFC you're a Geordie, support SAFC and you're a Mackem.

The scum were calling Bardsley a sad Mackem bastard last night. Not because he was born in Sunderland but because they associate him with us as a club.

And that's the way football fans all around the country see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back