Is Anyone Dreading the Derby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
even after 4 in a row the sense of dread before a derby far outweighs the expectancy, guess growing up suffering at their hands is stuck in there now, plus coupled with the fact we are absolutely shite doesn't help

So are they......and they are down to the bare bones in defence

Wouldn't say I'm dreading it as the 5-1 killed any nerves for me as well but I'm less confident going into a derby now than I have been for some time now that Pardew is no longer their manager, he completely lost his bottle going into derbies after the first 0-3 in the same way that Bruce did after the 5-1.

Arguably Carver has nothing to lose (he ain't getting the job in the summer) so he may as well go all guns blazing and try to hit us cold.

After watching the Villa game it is surely evident that our confidence is in tatters, if we concede first I can't see us coming back

The only worry I have is in case we go into it in the bottom 3.I think if that's the case and we get beat we might fall to pieces for rest of season.

Arguably Carver has nothing to lose (he ain't getting the job in the summer) so he may as well go all guns blazing and try to hit us cold.

After watching the Villa game it is surely evident that our confidence is in tatters, if we concede first I can't see us coming back

Aye but he's a complete fuckknuckle

Since I am in America, my ultimate dream is to attend a derby game one day... it's not quite the same following it on text updates while sitting at home... :(
Watched the last home on in Florida Keys (anar, look etc) at 7am kick off and we proceeded to get white trailer girl drunk for the rest of the day.
It's no less tense over there, even if there are lasses in cut-off denim shorts to take your mind off it. :lol:

I used to hate it as we got regularly humped by them, so the week leading up to it was like waiting for your execution.
But now that we are fairly even in shiteness it's just a game that can go either way.

However the moment the whistle goes I'll be so tense I could bite a nail in two!
Every attack by them I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack, even balls humped into the box.

I used to hate it as we got regularly humped by them, so the week leading up to it was like waiting for your execution.
But now that we are fairly even in shiteness it's just a game that can go either way.

However the moment the whistle goes I'll be so tense I could bite a nail in two!
Every attack by them I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack, even balls humped into the box.
I die a little inside every time they get into our half

Not really feeling anything yet, it's a huge game I know but I'm just sick of this season already.

I'm sure I'll be buzzing for it on the day, but as things things, well...meh. Not arsed.
This. The SAFC life is sapped out of me. I'll probably be different at 4pm in the SOL on Sunday, but at the moment I'm feeling nowt.

I love the derby me, but unfortunately due to our league position, every match we play is important and will be nervy.

I'd love to be in the Mags position like. They'll be gutted if they lose but it doesn't have that much effect, our season could turn on the result on Sunday.

Couldn't care less atm. It'll be on the day when I think about it. There's always the unavoidable 'we can't keep winning them' thought but i think it'll be a comfortable win on Sunday.

I'm ok now, Sunday will be entirely different. Saturday evening is when it hits me hard, then I can't f***ing sleep. So, I end up torturing myself with Sky Sports from something stupid like 7am in the morning with them repeating the exact same interviews. That's when it just drags, it drags normally when we play 12:45 so getting untill 4pm will be nothing less than sheer hell. I'll be knackered, unable to enjoy my Pints/Vodka etc needing a shit every 10 minutes, tired and a bag of nerves making my way to the SOL with my mates.

No doubt we'll have our annual argument about where to drink first and what time we should leave.

I'm not as nervous as I usually am. I am usually full of dread, believing we will get beat. This time I think we have a good chance of beating them. I know we've been shit lately but I'm hoping the new manager bounce will kick in. This added to the fact that the scum are not playing well and have some players out makes me think it could be 5 in a row !
Wickham to cause some damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back