Is Anyone Dreading the Derby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

:lol:
Cheeky bastard...

Even that's not the same as actually "being there", though...

:)

For what it's worth I do think they're really overrated. The first 15 minutes are so are electric and then the nerves kick in and the atmosphere is normally rubbish. Obviously it's different if you're leading comfortably, but even a one goal lead seems to just generate nerves and a flat(ish) atmosphere.

Since I am in America, my ultimate dream is to attend a derby game one day... it's not quite the same following it on text updates while sitting at home... :(

Have you made it over for any game before?

For what it's worth I do think they're really overrated. The first 15 minutes are so are electric and then the nerves kick in and the atmosphere is normally rubbish. Obviously it's different if you're leading comfortably, but even a one goal lead seems to just generate nerves and a flat(ish) atmosphere.

I'd give anything to experience even just that, marra...

Nope. Ever since the 5-1 I havent gave a shit. Which has been class, cos when others are shitting themselves Im standing there just enjoying it. I wasnt even arsed when they were piling on the pressure in the last minute in Decememer (and it turned out i was correct in not being :cool:)

Nope. Ever since the 5-1 I havent gave a shit. Which has been class, cos when others are shitting themselves Im standing there just enjoying it. I wasnt even arsed when they were piling on the pressure in the last minute in Decememer (and it turned out i was correct in not being :cool:)
Hard to get worse than that 5-1 mind.....especially since I was fully expecting us to win with the team we had.

At the first 0-3 we went 2 up with about 15 to go and loads round me were still shitting it :lol:

Hard to get worse than that 5-1 mind.....especially since I was fully expecting us to win with the team we had.

It will never ever be as bad as that again.

even after 4 in a row the sense of dread before a derby far outweighs the expectancy, guess growing up suffering at their hands is stuck in there now, plus coupled with the fact we are absolutely shite doesn't help

At the first 0-3 we went 2 up with about 15 to go and loads round me were still shitting it :lol:

It will never ever be as bad as that again.

Yep, the 5-1 killed the nerves for me too. I don't know why people dread it, I stood there and watched them hammer 5 past us, it wont get worse than that.

The nerves thing ruins the atmosphere all the time. The only derby I've seen where it didn't impact anything was that 5-1 because it was just a total slaughtering, it was electric. I suppose the 2-2 would count as well but it's hard to have nerves when you're chasing the game.

I'm not dreading it. I'm numb to terrible performances from going to every home game of this season so far :lol:

With their injuries, if we play to the standard our players should be playing at we should win.

I always dread it.

The thought of losing to them sickens me.

Wouldn't say I'm dreading it as the 5-1 killed any nerves for me as well but I'm less confident going into a derby now than I have been for some time now that Pardew is no longer their manager, he completely lost his bottle going into derbies after the first 0-3 in the same way that Bruce did after the 5-1.

Hate it and to be honest whoever we were playing this weekend I'd be dreading it because we are so desperate for the points.
The fact it's the Mags just makes it worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back