I am running the London Marathon in April (please donate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

>>>>>>>> https://www.justgiving.com/Peter-Pr...ource=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=20160212_70371 :lol:

Anyone recommend certain running socks or owt? been running 9 miles and blisters arl owa, maybe my feet will just get used to it.
Small donation done.

I've done it 3 times (couldn't run a mile now though) and each time trained and ran in Hilly twin skin socks. Not a blister in sight although I won't guarantee they will do the same for you.

Get your name printed on your shirt. When you're getting tired after 20 miles or so it really does help to have people geeing you on with your name.

Small donation done.

I've done it 3 times (couldn't run a mile now though) and each time trained and ran in Hilly twin skin socks. Not a blister in sight although I won't guarantee they will do the same for you.

Get your name printed on your shirt. When you're getting tired after 20 miles or so it really does help to have people geeing you on with your name.
Cheers mate, for donation and good advice.

Thanks to a great donation from @Ramsay Bolton too, top fella.

I have been sending 100's of a copy and pasted message to celebs on twitter for the last 3 weeks. Some retweeted straight away, some of them like Vicky Pattison etc have had more than 10 retweet requests but decide to tweet all day about what socks they are wearing etc. I will pull them up on this very soon.

Message I keep sending is ''Any chance of a retweet, to raise money against cancer? Im running the London Marathon to help https://www.justgiving.com/Peter-Preece85/ ''

I have been sending 100's of a copy and pasted message to celebs on twitter for the last 3 weeks. Some retweeted straight away, some of them like Vicky Pattison etc have had more than 10 retweet requests but decide to tweet all day about what socks they are wearing etc. I will pull them up on this very soon.

Message I keep sending is ''Any chance of a retweet, to raise money against cancer? Im running the London Marathon to help https://www.justgiving.com/Peter-Preece85/ ''

I seem to remember pledging to donate a hundred quid if you would do something really stupid in relation to your training. Can you remember what it was, cos I've forgotten and the thread got deleted

I seem to remember pledging to donate a hundred quid if you would do something really stupid in relation to your training. Can you remember what it was, cos I've forgotten and the thread got deleted
Im trying to think too :lol:. Was it to wear a t-shirt saying ''jewels remained still gleaming''?

Any advice to where to get the best running trainers lads? I have heard of shop what gets you on a treadmill etc. I have destroyed the ones I have :lol:

Any advice to where to get the best running trainers lads? I have heard of shop what gets you on a treadmill etc. I have destroyed the ones I have :lol:

Start Fitness is best place IMO. When I started running more s few years ago I went in and they were excellent. If you're gonna keep up the running which is def recommend after you've done the race when you need new trainers just search online for the same ones you've been using but old season stock, can easily save £30/40 on a pair just cos the company have released a new version.

Start Fitness is best place IMO. When I started running more s few years ago I went in and they were excellent. If you're gonna keep up the running which is def recommend after you've done the race when you need new trainers just search online for the same ones you've been using but old season stock, can easily save £30/40 on a pair just cos the company have released a new version.
Where is that mate? In Newcastle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back