I am running the London Marathon in April (please donate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going well mate, going to start running twice a day soon

Nice one mate, but I wouldn't do the two runs in one day. Do a couple of speeds sessions per week; one mid distance run (10-12 mile); one steady run and then one long run (18-22 miles).

Had a back injury (deadlifts at gym) but starting to get on track again, I have literally been running 4/5 mile per day for last week, going to try a 12 mile run next weekend.

surely youll injure yourself running everyday

It's damn hard, the training. I'm doing the Brighton Marathon for Samaritans in April and Edinburgh Marathon for Macmillan in May. With a gentle warm-up of running up the stairs of the NatWest Tower for Shelter in 3 weeks time. So I've been pounding the miles out.

My stamina is fine, I can run at around 7min 45secs per mile over an extended distance now. My problem though, I think, is fitness. I feel knackered after just half a mile or so! There's no zip or zing to it, as if every step has a lead weight tying my feet to the road.

I'll get round, but I seriously think it'll be 5+ hours once the 7min 45secs miles fade away, and I'm just left with my stamina to get to the end.

It's damn hard, the training. I'm doing the Brighton Marathon for Samaritans in April and Edinburgh Marathon for Macmillan in May. With a gentle warm-up of running up the stairs of the NatWest Tower for Shelter in 3 weeks time. So I've been pounding the miles out.

My stamina is fine, I can run at around 7min 45secs per mile over an extended distance now. My problem though, I think, is fitness. I feel knackered after just half a mile or so! There's no zip or zing to it, as if every step has a lead weight tying my feet to the road.

I'll get round, but I seriously think it'll be 5+ hours once the 7min 45secs miles fade away, and I'm just left with my stamina to get to the end.

Might sound a bit simple this but just slow down from the start. It's better doing 8:30 per mile for the whole race, enjoying it a bit more and get round in a still respectable time than going full on and having nothing left in the tank for later in the race. Few things nutrition wise you could try if you haven't already, I'm assuming you'll be using carb gels already are chia seeds and concentrated beetroot both which you have pre race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back