How things change!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I do kind of agree with the OP to be honest (I've only read the first page like so fuck knows what's gone on since).

2 points from 4 winnable games and four poor performances is an absolutely abysmal start. We've only brought in one more defender who we've no idea will be any good or not and a bloke who has barely played in a year, and only really had a handful of impressive games for us in that time.

I really don't get this fresh wave of massive optimism, our best two signings were made weeks ago and yet people are more excited about Borini.

I still don't get all that negativity Dick had, I'd have liked a left back in but other than that even if we hadn't signed Borini we still, for me, had a better squad than last season.

My thoughts exactly..
What's gone on afterwards is the usual posters replying to the poster rather than the post.

It's happened for years, a favourite was Whed, used to get stick in some threads for nothing other than being Whed.

Massive improvements in the last two games. The lad from the mid table French club looked quite talented in his brief 45 minutes and we've signed a player who is well liked and has previously performed well for the club. We've also reinforced at full back albeit he's an unknown quantity. Things have changed.

I do kind of agree with the OP to be honest (I've only read the first page like so fuck knows what's gone on since).

2 points from 4 winnable games and four poor performances is an absolutely abysmal start. We've only brought in one more defender who we've no idea will be any good or not and a bloke who has barely played in a year, and only really had a handful of impressive games for us in that time.

I really don't get this fresh wave of massive optimism, our best two signings were made weeks ago and yet people are more excited about Borini.
I've complained about the defence since the start of the season, I'm dissappointed that we have not got a better lb in, and another cb, but there's no point debating with margerine boy and his sidekick, mankeymag, because they just want to fish

After the Norwich game we were in dire straits, short was having our pants down and dicks tactics were questionable. Fast forward a fortnight and two draws in which we were second best, the signing of a lad from a mid table French club and the return of Borini and all of a sudden there's talk of this being our best squad since we returned to the premier league and that we should secure our safety more comfortable than usual.
Are these signings really good enough to turn the season around or are the fans getting ahead of themselves again only to end up disappointed?
For what it's worth I think we'll just about sneak survival again but it's going to be another long hard slog.
I don't see why a comment like this brings such abuse - surely it is a perfectly reasonable point of view? We might not like it, but let's be fair, we were second best against both Swansea and Villa, we've only seen one half of Toivonen, Fabio isn't a 20 goal a season man, we still have question marks over the defence, in particular the full backs and Catts start to the season has been alarmingly bad - so 'sneaking survival' isn't so unjust - is it?

I don't see why a comment like this brings such abuse - surely it is a perfectly reasonable point of view? We might not like it, but let's be fair, we were second best against both Swansea and Villa, we've only seen one half of Toivonen, Fabio isn't a 20 goal a season man, we still have question marks over the defence, in particular the full backs and Catts start to the season has been alarmingly bad - so 'sneaking survival' isn't so unjust - is it?
It's a shame there aren't more posters like you. Not saying everyone has to agree with me but the way some go on is frankly embarrassing.
Fabio for all im delighted to have him back i fear is being built up into something he isn't. I do think we'll just about have enough to survive and hopefully it'll be more entertaining than it has been lately but it's certainly not going to be without it's sticky moments.

After the Norwich game we were in dire straits, short was having our pants down and dicks tactics were questionable. Fast forward a fortnight and two draws in which we were second best, the signing of a lad from a mid table French club and the return of Borini and all of a sudden there's talk of this being our best squad since we returned to the premier league and that we should secure our safety more comfortable than usual.
Are these signings really good enough to turn the season around or are the fans getting ahead of themselves again only to end up disappointed?
For what it's worth I think we'll just about sneak survival again but it's going to be another long hard slog.

My belief is that we'll soon be out of the apparent mess we are now in and a mid/lower mid table finish beckons.

Even at the start of the season we possessed the second best squad we'd ever had in the premier. The best was obviously the one with Bent, Gyan and Welbeck in. With the addition of Mvila, Toinaven, Borini and Tedlin we might have the best. However, it must be remembered that at least 18 clubs have better squads now than they did four seasons ago.

We have had a decent window, some good lads brought in, and we will be a real threat, tightening up the defence will be the key, Im sure Dick will be all too aware of this.

The mood has definately brightened, good stuff.

Borini, assuming he is played wide, will give his full back a lot more protection than he's received to date - then we just need to get Lens doing the same thing and all will be well.

;)

You are doing it now man, if you didn't get people replying to the poster rather than the post you would soon be redundant on here.
Either that or just another poster who could have a decent debate with people who are able to behave like adults rather than adolescents.
Don't know how many times I have to say this but if you don't like my posts then just ignore me. It doesn't get any simpler.

Either that or just another poster who could have a decent debate with people who are able to behave like adults rather than adolescents.
Don't know how many times I have to say this but if you don't like my posts then just ignore me. It doesn't get any simpler.
I didn't say I didn't like your posts but I will take your advice, adios amigo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back