How things change!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of course you could all I'm saying is trying to pass a lad off as a player purely down to being a full international doesn't really work. Im not quite sure how you can say he has potential to be a top player based on playing in the MLS but time will tell I suppose.
He's got 23 full international caps in less than 2 years at the age of 22. Also the USA young player of the year for 2014. I'd say that says enough about his potential, and I think Tottenham Hotspur FC agree with me. Clearly you don't, but it's a democracy marra!

He's got 23 full international caps in less than 2 years at the age of 22. Also the USA young player of the year for 2014. I'd say that says enough about his potential, and I think Tottenham Hotspur FC agree with me. Clearly you don't, but it's a democracy marra!
All opinions mate and hopefully yours proves to be the correct one.

Why? Him having potential is not good for us... He's only hear a year we need him to have ability now!
He's 22 and if he's going to be a "top player" then this is as good a time as any to start fulfilling it. He may not end up the finished article here but if it's the start of his ascent to the top then that can only be good for us surely?

I agree with OP. Not sure why people are so delighted - Borini, aye, great signing and means we've got good striking/forward options. Toivonen? All points to him being shite (but he passed 5 yards on Saturday, hero), Yedlin is a player we don't even need. We need a left back and centre half.

We may have good forward options but we are very weak defensively.

I agree with OP. Not sure why people are so delighted - Borini, aye, great signing and means we've got good striking/forward options. Toivonen? All points to him being shite (but he passed 5 yards on Saturday, hero), Yedlin is a player we don't even need. We need a left back and centre half.

All points to him being shite? How's that like?

Give the bloke a chance eh? Who exactly is calling him a hero? Ok, just you...

Get a grip man. I'm not getting over excited about him yet after forty five minutes, but what an absolute load of shit that is you've just posted about him.

Of course things have changed enormously. Could it have been any worse that after the Norwich game? Team in disarray, signings not made, questions about if we could/would buy, FFP, would Dick walk - 36 more games in hell/ will Short pedal the club to a Mongolian (or whatever) millionaire.

Suddenly after 2 weeks the team shows spirit and fight, the 5-6 "quality" signings have (arguably) been made, Dick is staying, Short has backed us financially, our last 2 performances have shown a definite improvement, M'Vila could be one of the stars of the season and we have a nice long international(ist) break to chill out and hope for a better future.

To my mind there is no doubt that we have a much better team than the last 3 years and while the defence obviously raises concern, we will certainly play a more attractive football. The only question is will this be enough? The relegation spots have no obvious candidates and everyone is going to fight tooth & claw to be in the gravy train next year. We can start to pass judgement by end of October and maybe we'll have to fine-tune in the January sales, but fingers crossed, we should be ok.

He sounds like the poster called stubber, he shared equally warped views. I reckon it's him.

Hands off Stubber - he was great - the semi-eternal pessimist - but when he was optimistic you could believe it!

We were in dire straights after the Norwich game. That's why there was a crisis meeting. I'm assuming that's where the desire to go for Borini arose.
The other buys look like they will add to the team immediately too with the exception of Yedlin who is not we needed at full back with 1 PL game behind him and a loan to Denmark his only other option.
Overall tho - great business

Dicks public pressure obviously worked too.

Who says he doesn't have "ability"? Looked to have plenty of ability in the world cup last season from what I saw.

Not saying he doesn't, just saying potential isn't what you want from a player only on loan

He's 22 and if he's going to be a "top player" then this is as good a time as any to start fulfilling it. He may not end up the finished article here but if it's the start of his ascent to the top then that can only be good for us surely?

That's my point? We need him to show ability. What he may or may not be able to do later means nothing - him having potential would not be good for us, if he showed ability this year but never improved later that would be just as good for us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back