How long has your family supported the Lads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm third generation, me grand da who i never met went with his brother Charlie to the Yeovil cup game, instead of the getting the train back from London they stayed there and got hammered for the weekend, losing their jobs in the means. All because the result was so embarrassing :lol::lol:
I remembèr it well. Living down in the South West meant my dad got loads of stick at work, and he was like bear with a sore head at home.

Football only began in 1992 so dont know what the fuck half of you are on about.

A canny while like.

I'm third generation. Me Granda (1921-1997) supported us, me da, and now me and me brother. Me Granda was ower the knot when we took him to see 'The Old Lady' First Division trophy at Roker like.

I followed me dad who, who was the first. His family were all Newcastle but he used to do the early 70's thing of going to Newcastle one week and Sunderland the next - and he just preferred Sunderland.
By the time I came along he'd stopped going to the landfill, was red and white through and through, and now hates the mags as much as anyone.

My dad has a passing interest in Sunderland, mam, sister & brother can take or leave football.

Im the only one who is football daft & goes to the games. Been going to games now for 24 years (Im 36)

there was the uncle before me mate, from the late thirties there prollies, i remember him telling us about the cup final iirc, pretty sure he used to gan with his dad so the old grandfather prollies went from before then even. shame i can't ask them. rip mate

there was the uncle before me mate, from the late thirties there prollies, i remember him telling us about the cup final iirc, pretty sure he used to gan with his dad so the old grandfather prollies went from before then even. shame i can't ask them. rip mate

Yes, I remember similar...uncle used to wax poetic telling us about the '37 (this was in '73 so he had said he felt it coming due to the numerlogical thing there)...

My great grandfather was at the 1913 cup final,
My grandfather was at the 1937 final,
My dad was at the 1973 final,
I was there in 1992.
We need another FA cup final for my son to keep the family tradition going. He was at the League Cup last season, but that's not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back