Has anyone just left everything and buggered off?

• Thread starter Deleted member 29136
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The healthcare system coped just fine. Apart from the fact the 5th injection needs to take place after my return. It's closer to my GP than Bangkok so I thought I'd pop there.

The NHS is the best in the world man - every other countries healthcare system is shite in comparison didn't you know

How someone can be so irresponsible with their life is the one that I dont understand. Very, very risky lifestyle IMHO.

Its not being irresponsible though - its having an opportunity and taking it

'Limiting themselves' - great way to put it! I've been back to the Uk twice in 6 years for a total of 6 days - its still the same as it was before I left
Of course it is. Nice stable country, no wars, no social unrest (might be shortly like) its everything that seeming 8m people from abroad already in this country and the millions waiting to hop over the channel dream of living in. Dont see millions waiting at the Cambodian border waiting to get in. :lol:

Of course it is. Nice stable country, no wars, no social unrest (might be shortly like) its everything that seeming 8m people from abroad already in this country and the millions waiting to hop over the channel dream of living in. Dont see millions waiting at the Cambodian border waiting to get in. :lol:

Cambodia was a suggestion - the worlds a big place he could travel and decide where he wanted to stop :D You have a very old fashioned way of looking at things imo, nothing wrong with that but can you not see the appeal of extensive travel and the benefits it can bring?

Do you just see coming back as a failure? Despite what you might get out of it? I've been back a couple times in those years, I am right now. But it's no bones to get on the move again, and now I have a base and friends I can call on most places I go.

The UK isn't going anywhere man. It'll be largely the same in 6 months as it is now. I just see extended travel as infinite possibilities, for living, for work, for love. How someone could limit themselves I just cannot understand it.
I certainly don't see coming home as failure. I always knew I'd be back once the money ran out. That's why I didn't rent my house out. A mate lived there and paid half the mortgage. Amazing the assumptions mbh makes. This time however I'm looking to rent the place and give it 12 months away and look for work. It's been a massive success, seeing places and things I've never seen, meeting people, staying in houses way off the tourist track, people shaking my hand for being white, kids hiding behind their mam and peeking at the white bloke. All the things I'd see in Nottingham working a 60 odd hour week.

Last edited:
Fuck me, God help poor little Harry if he decides to go travelling during his gap year. His one-dimensional daddy will disown him.

Well this turned out canny.

I'm going out to take drugs and shag a ladyboy.
Good lad. ;):lol:

Have we all been sucked into a big wind up? I'm starting to think so. No one can have such a closed view on life. Can they?

Have we all been sucked into a big wind up? I'm starting to think so. No one can have such a closed view on life. Can they?
He takes pride in his narrow horizons as well, wearing his stubborn ignorance like a badge of honour! I actually feel sorry for him. If my pension and car were my pride and joy I'd want to reassess my life. Talk about tedious-sounding.

He takes pride in his narrow horizons as well, wearing his stubborn ignorance like a badge of honour! I actually feel sorry for him. If my pension and car were my pride and joy I'd want to reassess my life. Talk about tedious-sounding.
My car is a 12 year old Astra. It gets me where I want to go.

I have a VW Polo, at least 10 years old. I can afford something much better but I place absolutely no status at all on owning a fancy car. I mean, most of the time it sits outside, immobile, in the rain.

I have a VW Polo, at least 10 years old. I can afford something much better but I place absolutely no status at all on owning a fancy car. I mean, most of the time it sits outside, immobile, in the rain.
I can't. Well if I'd bought a new car it would have been on finance and I'd much rather have had the disposable income. Which I actually did piss up the wall. I was on a good salary and have little to show for it apart from good times for years and the last amazing 6 months.

I don't even own a car. Kill me now.

The missus has a new car I have the old one cos of the miles I do, it gets me to work and the golf course.

You enjoyed Asia so much its pinged the one thing I wish me and her did. She got offered a 2 year contract in Korea and we were set to go but she fell pregnant and wanted to have the baby nearer family

I don't even own a car. Kill me now.

One less thing to worry about when you fuck off marra.

The missus has a new car I have the old one cos of the miles I do, it gets me to work and the golf course.

You enjoyed Asia so much its pinged the one thing I wish me and her did. She got offered a 2 year contract in Korea and we were set to go but she fell pregnant and wanted to have the baby nearer family

One less thing to worry about when you fuck off marra.
I must admit to not enjoying Korea mind. Reckon you could have dodged a bullet. They don't much like us honks from my experience!

No ISA ATM Bob. Maybe something I should think about. I do however have the wife, the BMW, the mortgage and the 2.4 kids, as well as my pension, lump sum and contract job in another country; the latter of course with security behind me. Life couldn't be better...well it could be if we all had a better football team. ;)

Life is for living and a nice secure pension, job, ISA and the knowledge that the young man will have his two weeks away in the sun in spain every year should be enough for him.

You nee Reggie Perrin, are you MBH??:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back