Has anyone just left everything and buggered off?

• Thread starter Deleted member 29136
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect, this is unfettered bullshit and immediately suggests you are scared to leave your borders. Why not get stuck into a 'hard working life' abroad? Why not take on a job you can do on the road, online, to keep you going?

In the past 8/9 years I have lived in New Jersey, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Malaysia, and Hong Kong, with many shorter stops in between. I can most assuredly say I have not 'made a hash of my life', and I have experienced the world and people in it in a way what would be impossible if I just remained within my county, worked a 9-5, and hit a med island for 2 weeks every summer. Fantasy land for me, is expecting to find satisfaction in that way of life.
I know of next to no one who has done this. You are in a massive minority of people who have done this and made it work.

for the vast majority of people they make a complete hash of this way of life and end up regretting it.

No doubt you'll get your wish, earlier than you thought, with the life you and others lead.

My advice remains the same to the lad, steer the straight and narrow course. Dont go off the rails, dont jack your job in and most certainly dont fuckoff on some sort of 6 monthly world jaunt, because eventually you have to come back...to what? Nothing.

Have a couple of weeks off in some far off place, recharge the batteries, get your head back together and then come back your job and sort your pension out, your ISA's, get yourself a house, a new lass and a mortgage ie like normal people do.

Best of luck to the OP.
:lol:

I've done it and don't regret it for a second. As it seems no one else on the thread who has actually done it regrets it. My only regret is I've had to come home.
You see, you came home. you saw sense and it just goes to prove what i've said all along, eventually you have to come back and pick up the pieces. hope you managed to do this with a degree of success marra.

The weeks bit is the important bit, not months. Two or three weeks away then its back to work and the start of a new and fresh life.
Well he can turn it into months if he likes it or even years , but only after he has secured his assets

With respect, this is unfettered bullshit and immediately suggests you are scared to leave your borders. Why not get stuck into a 'hard working life' abroad? Why not take on a job you can do on the road, online, to keep you going?

In the past 8/9 years I have lived in New Jersey, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Malaysia, and Hong Kong, with many shorter stops in between. I can most assuredly say I have not 'made a hash of my life', and I have experienced the world and people in it in a way what would be impossible if I just remained within my county, worked a 9-5, and hit a med island for 2 weeks every summer. Fantasy land for me, is expecting to find satisfaction in that way of life.
You're obviously a drug riddled, basket case, mate, MBH has deemed it so! :lol:

You see, you came home. you saw sense and it just goes to prove what i've said all along, eventually you have to come back and pick up the pieces. hope you managed to do this with a degree of success marra.
Eh? Thought he only came back for NHS treatment?

Seething, seething that another young man could have the opportunities you were denied by your sensible and risk averse character. How's your ISA's doing?
No ISA ATM Bob. Maybe something I should think about. I do however have the wife, the BMW, the mortgage and the 2.4 kids, as well as my pension, lump sum and contract job in another country; the latter of course with security behind me. Life couldn't be better...well it could be if we all had a better football team. ;)

Life is for living and a nice secure pension, job, ISA and the knowledge that the young man will have his two weeks away in the sun in spain every year should be enough for him.

No I ran out of money. It's nothing to do with "seeing sense". My house is still here, the pension I have so far acrued is still there. I'll look for a job this week in order to save enough to go again as soon as I possibly can.

No I ran out of money. It's nothing to do with "seeing sense". My house is still here, the pension I have so far acrued is still there. I'll look for a job this week in order to save enough to go again as soon as I possibly can.
Sounds very risky marra. Maybe you should start your own thread on this subject and we can all give you some advice?

No the only treatment I'm having is the 5th rabies jab that insurance covers anyway. I came home because I ran out of money.

Nope.
ah here we go..."ran out of money". the one vital commodity that makes the world go around and you ran out of it. not surprised.

now the truth is beginning to emerge about this wonderful lifestyle. you ran out of money, the healthcare system abroad couldnt cater for your needs so you had to come home. sounds great. no money and no access to decent healthcare. wow.

Do you just see coming back as a failure? Despite what you might get out of it? I've been back a couple times in those years, I am right now. But it's no bones to get on the move again, and now I have a base and friends I can call on most places I go.

The UK isn't going anywhere man. It'll be largely the same in 6 months as it is now. I just see extended travel as infinite possibilities, for living, for work, for love. How someone could limit themselves I just cannot understand it.

ah here we go..."ran out of money". the one vital commodity that makes the world go around and you ran out of it. not surprised.

now the truth is beginning to emerge about this wonderful lifestyle. you ran out of money, the healthcare system abroad couldnt cater for your needs so you had to come home. sounds great. no money and no access to decent healthcare. wow.
The healthcare system coped just fine. Apart from the fact the 5th injection needs to take place after my return. It's closer to my GP than Bangkok so I thought I'd pop there.

Do you just see coming back as a failure? Despite what you might get out of it? I've been back a couple times in those years, I am right now. But it's no bones to get on the move again, and now I have a base and friends I can call on most places I go.

The UK isn't going anywhere man. It'll be largely the same in 6 months as it is now. I just see extended travel as infinite possibilities, for living, for work, for love. How someone could limit themselves I just cannot understand it.

'Limiting themselves' - great way to put it! I've been back to the Uk twice in 6 years for a total of 6 days - its still the same as it was before I left

How someone can be so irresponsible with their life is the one that I dont understand. Very, very risky lifestyle IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back