give me the name of a manager who will come here and keep us up with the same players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right about Keane not wanting to work with this lot long term, but I think in his bitter experience he's learned to be pragmatic enough to use their limited abilities and his own motivational skills to do enough to keep us up.

Pat that, aye, he'd probably want to hoy the f***ing lot of them off a cliff and buy a new squad.

No chance of either of them coming in reality but we are in a paradoxical situation where "steady-away" managers who will build us long term are usually not the personalities who will get an immediate impact and make players play above themselves.
Agreed. If we're going to make a change to try to stay in the league then allardyce is the only man. If we wait till after January and simply can't put up with Moyes any longer then Keane would be a good choice to rebuild us out of the public eye.

Agreed. If we're going to make a change to try to stay in the league then allardyce is the only man. If we wait till after January and simply can't put up with Moyes any longer then Keane would be a good choice to rebuild us out of the public eye.

You don't fancy Keane's chances of keeping this lot in the league? I'm recalling his initial impact in the championship season and how he turned us around from the brink of utter despair to winning the league. With a couple of shrewd additions in January and him raising the performances of the few decent players we have I think he'd do it.....and he's more palatable than Allardyce.

Reactions: Dsb
You don't fancy Keane's chances of keeping this lot in the league? I'm recalling his initial impact in the championship season and how he turned us around from the brink of utter despair to winning the league. With a couple of shrewd additions in January and him raising the performances of the few decent players we have I think he'd do it.....and he's more palatable than Allardyce.
I agree with your last bit but he was helped in that season by being able to turn around virtually the whole first team. He won't get that chance at Safc this time around. He would be a decent shout to rip it up and start again though. It would be interesting at least

Moyes has at his disposal and explain why he will get us out of this mess.

Just a question to those who want him out, it's ok saying we need another manager in, but who are we going to get who will keep us up with this current squad moyes has to pick from.

I really don't think any manager out there could do it. This squad would be in a relegtion battle when it's at full strength even more so at the minute

Even if Sam allerdyce came back tomorrow he would struggle to get many points out of that current fit squad
Any manager who doesn't play Jack Rodwell.

if anyone is interested i was told on Thursday night at a do in Birmingham that ROY KEANE claims he would love to come back but with a different owner as he has an affinity with the club and the fans and see's it as a job unfinished
Geoff Horsefield told me

BSA,knows the players the players love him and will put a shift in for him,won't happen but i dare to dream.

if anyone is interested i was told on Thursday night at a do in Birmingham that ROY KEANE claims he would love to come back but with a different owner as he has an affinity with the club and the fans and see's it as a job unfinished
Geoff Horsefield told me

Don't know who's signings are worse,Moyes or Keanes??

BSA,knows the players the players love him and will put a shift in for him,won't happen but i dare to dream.

Don't know who's signings are worse,Moyes or Keanes??
Keane signed some good players as well or did you conveniently forget that ?

Such as??
Are we really doing this ? Richardson , jones , Gordon , bardsley , Andy Reid , steed malbranque , Dwight Yorke ? I also thought Ross Wallace was a tidy player , Jonny Evans on loan ? Martin Fulop as well .

Last edited:
Someone needs to come up with a different style, approach, or a new formation.
Something creative to make the opposition think. Playing 4-5-1, or 4-2-3-1 isn't working. Teams know how to play against this and when it effectively then becomes us v them the opposition's quality shines through.

Martinez changed things at Wigan a few years back when it all looked lost for them. He went 3-4-3 and played with two wide forwards plus two wingbacks. They just kept attacking wide areas where they had extra men and it worked. It took teams a while to work out how to combat this, and it got them enough points short term. It wasn't until the year after when teams new what to do.

Coming up with something new, practising it on the training ground every day, might be worth a try as its not working matching up against the opposition!

Roy Keane wouldn't come back while Ellis Short is still here.

A proper manager would not have wasted 30m as badly as moyes has for starters.
Did you see what ndong did against whu? Has milton nunez written all over him.
What he and love cost sam got kahzri, kone and kirchoff.
Mcnair cost the same as kone.
JoS couldnt win a foot race at stoke newington hospital open day yet he is keeping 8m papy out.
Ellis...put him on gardening leave and get a proper manager in before moyes fully morphs into macmenemy

I would say that Ndong is almost certainly a player identified by the scouts and Allardyce that Moyes went along with. We've been linked with him previously and our scouts had watched a lot of Lorient. Moyes on the other hand, had 3 weeks in pre-season so couldn't have even seen him play unless he randomly caught a game last season.

That's not to say he shouldn't have vetoed it, but he's getting way to much criticism on transfers imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back