give me the name of a manager who will come here and keep us up with the same players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't believe how bad he has been, I'm genuinely shocked. There is not 1 positive to take from his reign so far. I've always rated him and thought it was a really good appointment, his record is better than Big Sam's so it was as if we had somehow managed to upgrade when Sam took the England job.

But his signings, his tactics, team selection, substitutions, demeanor, interviews - pretty much everything has been so poor and uninspiring. His hands haven't been tied, he's spent £30m which is still a decent amount although not a game changing amount.

I can't see a gameplan, I can't see him setting out to even try and win games, he's far too negative and he's managed to sign a midfielder who hides more than Rodwell, a full back worse than Billy Jones, a midfielder more injury prone than Cattermole and Kirchoff, a striker worse than Danny Graham and a centre half who couldn't get a game at Chelsea but somehow became £5m more expensive in that time, and is also f***ing horrible.

Nothing but relegation on the cards and he has to shoulder a lot of the blame for this.

In the second half of last season, 19 games. We took 27 points, you tell me which other recent manager has reproduced that form.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sam and hoped he'd stay. My point is that we've had a succession of managers who've kept us up when it looked like curtains for us. Sam was by far the best of them but then he did have a lot more games to suss the squad and he also had a window to address the problems he'd had time to work out, plus another run of games after he got the ball rolling. The real test for Sam would have came this season as we were left with so few players and not too much money to spend given the massive hike in prices. Mind, I'm not blaming Sam for leaving us short, I was happy enough to see the back of the players he dumped, our wage bill was unsustainable and we were getting nowt from the blood sucking pansies.

Sams biggest strength is using innovative methods at keeping players fit. But he also signs short term players from largely only one agent. For the money Sam would want for transfers we might as well stick with Moyes and give it to him.

If his agent mate supplies the same kind of players as last January transfer window that may keep us up.

Moyes looks like a dead man walking at the moment and Short must surely be out of managerial appointment luck now.....

If his agent mate supplies the same kind of players as last January transfer window that may keep us up.

Moyes looks like a dead man walking at the moment and Short must surely be out of managerial appointment luck now.....

Kirchoff injured. Kone a money related shit stirrer via that same agent and now in poor form. Khazri just coming good after a summer on the tagines. Nearly signed a striker who is rarely fit from West Ham.

I just can't believe how bad he has been, I'm genuinely shocked. There is not 1 positive to take from his reign so far. I've always rated him and thought it was a really good appointment, his record is better than Big Sam's so it was as if we had somehow managed to upgrade when Sam took the England job.

But his signings, his tactics, team selection, substitutions, demeanor, interviews - pretty much everything has been so poor and uninspiring. His hands haven't been tied, he's spent £30m which is still a decent amount although not a game changing amount.

I can't see a gameplan, I can't see him setting out to even try and win games, he's far too negative and he's managed to sign a midfielder who hides more than Rodwell, a full back worse than Billy Jones, a midfielder more injury prone than Cattermole and Kirchoff, a striker worse than Danny Graham and a centre half who couldn't get a game at Chelsea but somehow became £5m more expensive in that time, and is also f***ing horrible.

Nothing but relegation on the cards and he has to shoulder a lot of the blame for this.
Just about sums moyes up , well said.

getting back to the point of this thread, I dont think anybody thinks that there is a manager alive who could keep us up with these players , the point is a lot of people don't want moyes here for the long haul because so far there is nothing to suggest that he will be anything other than a disastrous failure.

Very controversial, but... Roy Hodgson (I know) shit dealing with full of themselves 'TOP' Players. But seems to be very good at building effective teams, with average squads. Sam got the boot partially for slagging him off. Good come back for Roy (Woy) if he turned it around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back