give me the name of a manager who will come here and keep us up with the same players

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2007 he spent 9 million on Craig Gordon, the highest fee for a UK club on a goalie until David DeGea in 2011. And 9 million in 2007 is like 30 million nowadays

Shevchenko moved the season before for 30m plus. Don't talk such utter shite.

We have certainly spent many fortunes since he left and have gone backwards.

Shevchenko moved the season before for 30m plus. Don't talk such utter shite.

We have certainly spent many fortunes since he left and have gone backwards.
In 2007/08 Keane spent 43.8 million, which is way more than Moyes got to spend in this close season, with the Sky money inflation!

Then let's hope we see a solution to that stumbling block very soon.

Keane didn't want to leave, Short kept interfering in the daily running of the team, something that Keane felt should be left to the manager not the owner. Is Ellis Short, despite his investment actually the main problem?

Keane didn't want to leave, Short kept interfering in the daily running of the team, something that Keane felt should be left to the manager not the owner. Is Ellis Short, despite his investment actually the main problem?
There is something of the Nigel Pearson about Roy though........

Seems to have found his niche as Martin O'Neill's sidekick

There is something of the Nigel Pearson about Roy though........

Seems to have found his niche as Martin O'Neill's sidekick

Keane had no managerial experience with us yet had an immediate impact at the club winning promotion. In hindsight maybe he needed some experience along side him in the premier but it's well documented Ellis Short was his problem.

Keane had no managerial experience with us yet had an immediate impact at the club winning promotion. In hindsight maybe he needed some experience along side him in the premier but it's well documented Ellis Short was his problem.
According to Roy - the man who blamed Mick McCarthy when he walked out on his country at the World Cup. And they went on to reach the knockout stages and go out on penalties without him.

He also injured himself trying to foul that bloke Haaland, then had the cheek to go out and deliberately f*** his knee to get revenge at getting 'sneered at' as he lay on the ground after injuring himself as a result!

According to Roy - the man who blamed Mick McCarthy when he walked out on his country at the World Cup. And they went on to reach the knockout stages and go out on penalties without him.

He also injured himself trying to foul that bloke Haaland, then had the cheek to go out and deliberately f*** his knee to get revenge at getting 'sneered at' as he lay on the ground after injuring himself as a result!

Did I try to injure Håland? Definitely not. But I did want to nail him and let him know what was happening. I wanted to hurt him and stand over him and go, ‘Take that, you ****.’ I don’t regret that. But I had no wish to injure him. Yes, I was after him. I was after a lot of players, and players were after me. It’s the game.

I'm not defending is actions as a player but he wasn't given a fair crack of the whip from Short when he took ownership of the club.

I didn’t resign or walk out. I said I couldn’t work with Ellis Short. An agreement was reached. I wasn’t answerable to Ellis Short. I was answerable to the chairman or the chief executive. ‘Walking out’ is an unfair expression. Sometimes a manager’s position is just impossible. My career at Sunderland ended after a difficult three or four weeks. Not two or three months, like I’ve seen other managers get. We were still on a point a game. If you kept that up for ten years, you’d still be in the Premiership. But it was over. It still saddens me. I still think I should be the manager of Sunderland. I really liked the club, and I liked the people.

Did I try to injure Håland? Definitely not. But I did want to nail him and let him know what was happening. I wanted to hurt him and stand over him and go, ‘Take that, you ****.’ I don’t regret that. But I had no wish to injure him. Yes, I was after him. I was after a lot of players, and players were after me. It’s the game.

I'm not defending is actions as a player but he wasn't given a fair crack of the whip from Short when he took ownership of the club.

I didn’t resign or walk out. I said I couldn’t work with Ellis Short. An agreement was reached. I wasn’t answerable to Ellis Short. I was answerable to the chairman or the chief executive. ‘Walking out’ is an unfair expression. Sometimes a manager’s position is just impossible. My career at Sunderland ended after a difficult three or four weeks. Not two or three months, like I’ve seen other managers get. We were still on a point a game. If you kept that up for ten years, you’d still be in the Premiership. But it was over. It still saddens me. I still think I should be the manager of Sunderland. I really liked the club, and I liked the people.
How anyone can make a tackle like that and not expect to injure their opponent is bs.

And for someone who has a habit of walking out on things (Sunderland, Villa, Ireland) it is never Roy's fault! He was an absolutely amazing player, but he is a flawed character. Tells you something when even Alex Ferguson is intimidated by them,.

How anyone can make a tackle like that and not expect to injure their opponent is bs.

And for someone who has a habit of walking out on things (Sunderland, Villa, Ireland) it is never Roy's fault! He was an absolutely amazing player, but he is a flawed character. Tells you something when even Alex Ferguson is intimidated by them,.

He is what he is mate, we could do with someone getting into our players and stoking them up, i and many others would welcome the mad bastard back.

He is what he is mate, we could do with someone getting into our players and stoking them up, i and many others would welcome the mad bastard back.
Ha ha - maybe get Big Dunc in as assistant then. He loves a scrap. In fact, him and Moyes had a scrap in training years ago!

Pulis would keep us up. I thought Moyes was lauded for being able to organise the defence, but this zonal marking is suicide absolute suicide.

All those saying Sam
He had the good fortune of naming his strongest team for most of the last 3 months of the season

Sam has a number of great attributes as a manager. One of them is, he keeps players fit and I don't believe this happens by accident.

It's elementary though as I don't think he'd come back even if the position were offered

Sam has a number of great attributes as a manager. One of them is, he keeps players fit and I don't believe this happens by accident.

It's elementary though as I don't think he'd come back even if the position were offered
Sams biggest strength is using innovative methods at keeping players fit. But he also signs short term players from largely only one agent. For the money Sam would want for transfers we might as well stick with Moyes and give it to him.

For once, we looked hard to beat and with a team with spirit.

You may have missed the fact he's started worse than the 15 pointers. The only thing that stopped the continual slide from them was Roy Keane's arrival. Let's just hope we're as lucky with this shower of shit.

We looked hard to beat because we had the combination of a very good manager, another huge unsustainable huge wage bill that led to yet another 20+ million loss, a fully fit squad of players. Had England not come for Allardyce he wouldn't be here now anyway, we would have cut the wage bill as we have and we will continue to cut it and he wouldn't have had that. We may or may not have had the same level of injuries but we certainly were never going to continue the momentum from last year.

To say Moyes has set us back 10myears in ignorant garbage of the highest order and I say that in full knowledge that I would like someone else to take us forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back