Football Manager 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a player retiring who is due to join me. He won't join though. It just keeps saying "joining West Brom on" then the current date. Any solutions?

Ridiculous this like. I get injury after injury and all my players are shagged cos we have a game every 3 days. It's absolute bullshit.

The number of offside goals is also f***ing ridiculous. At least one a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
too unpredictable this game. ill go through a run of good results, players doing well then all of a sudden i can hardly score against shite teams and the players dont know what theyre doing

Ridiculous this like. I get injury after injury and all my players are shagged cos we have a game every 3 days. It's absolute bullshit.

The number of offside goals is also f***ing ridiculous. At least one a game.

Try turning down your training intensity? You can do it week by week under training -> team training so if you have a heavy schedule coming up you can set the next 2 or 3 weeks intensity to very light. Should help reduce injuries as well I think.

If you're playing as a lower league side though, you'll always have problems with injuries and fatigue because the players aren't as physically fit, plus there's always more games to play.

Try turning down your training intensity? You can do it week by week under training -> team training so if you have a heavy schedule coming up you can set the next 2 or 3 weeks intensity to very light. Should help reduce injuries as well I think.

If you're playing as a lower league side though, you'll always have problems with injuries and fatigue because the players aren't as physically fit, plus there's always more games to play.
It's on low to average at the moment. I think the match engine is just programmed to give you injuries. I swear all I ever see is "it was caused by X's challenge."

It's on low to average at the moment. I think the match engine is just programmed to give you injuries. I swear all I ever see is "it was caused by X's challenge."

I think you're just having bad luck - i'm normally fine with injuries, though I do make sure to avoid injury prone players or players with bad injury records when I buy.

2-1 up against Everton and they get 2 penalties which they score in the 88th and 92nd minute to win the game 3-2 :mad:

I've started a new game with York City.

The transfer window has just closed and we've brought in 5 players, 3 of those free transfers and two for minimal fees. Three players have left, one on loan and two for fees. Really struggled to shift out as many players as I wanted but got rid of Puri to Siena for £60k-ish and Penn went to Preston for £85k.

We've played 5 games in the league and we've won 1, drawn 3 and lost 1 leaving us in mid-table. We're expected to fight against relegation so mid-table would be nice.

We're already out the league cup, got turned over 4-1 off Sheff Wed but we did beat League 1 Walsall 4-3 in the 1st round of the JPT.

Free transfer Sam Morrow has 5 in as many games but got injured against Walsall and will be out for around 4-5 weeks which is a pain!

Enjoying a lower league challenge so far!

Does anyone else think there is almost too much detail in this game?

In previous FM's, I liked to have a decent grasp of everything happening in my imaginary football world but there's just too much going on :lol:

Why would Arjen Robben demand 100k per week from me but signs for De Graafschap or whatever they're called for 18k? My reputation is far higher.

Does anyone else think there is almost too much detail in this game?

In previous FM's, I liked to have a decent grasp of everything happening in my imaginary football world but there's just too much going on :lol:

Just play classic, that's all I do. Starting off as Wigan, it's like cheating. You get £19m. Signed 4 players, Adam Le Fondre, Jaamaal Lescelles, Aaron Cressweel and Adam Henly. Add to that, Shaun Maloney, Fortune, Ben Watson, Caldwell, Ramis piece of piss.

Why would Arjen Robben demand 100k per week from me but signs for De Graafschap or whatever they're called for 18k? My reputation is far higher.

Probably because they're Dutch and he wants to move to his home country? I just had a Greek CB leave me because he got homesick as he got older.

Unless (long shot mind) it's because he's friends with the manager or it's his favourite club or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back