Football Manager 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is fixed like. 1-0 up in the 93rd minute and my keeper just drops it with no one around him for them to equalise. What a load of f***ing shit.

Just started a game as Wolves, asked Jez Moxey for more money as I only had 500k. now got over 16.5m :neutral: will use some to subsidise wages but even still!

Logon or register to see this image

Finished 7th in the league in my 3rd season after an absolutely shocking start. Holtby and Cattermole spent the last few games wanting to leave and on awful morale which ultimately lost me the cup final against Reading. Signed Astori, Mario Suarez, Berardi and Sigurdsson to replace the players leaving and improve the starting 11 to mount a challenge for Europe!

The most important thing is to make sure they arent injury prone, and then to tutor them to have professional personalities.

High determination can actually be a drawback, because it means some of the potential ability has already been distributed to the stat, and iirc it actually makes very little difference in how they develop. Someone on the fm forums did a huge investigation into it last year
If your head of youth development has professional personality, a lot of the kids he brings in have it.
I hire the Middlesbrough fella Dave Parnaby as soon as I start.

If your head of youth development has professional personality, a lot of the kids he brings in have it.
I have that geezer. Hopefully he can help some of the regens I've signed.

Oh class, I didn't know that - I just pick my head of youth development by judging potential, working with youngsters, discipline, motivation, man management.

Reluctant to change mine as it is - he's brought two world class youngsters in from the past three intakes and there seems to be a lack of top quality heads of youth development in 2033.

Oh class, I didn't know that - I just pick my head of youth development by judging potential, working with youngsters, discipline, motivation, man management.

Reluctant to change mine as it is - he's brought two world class youngsters in from the past three intakes and there seems to be a lack of top quality heads of youth development in 2033.
Sounds like you've cracked it then mate.
Just bring in some decent tutors.
As soon we possible, I bring in Darren fletcher (model professional) and polombo (born leader) and set then off tutoring.

I have that geezer. Hopefully he can help some of the regens I've signed.
He got me a 200pa regen in a game I played. Going to be better than Messi, and a lads fan!
Pure fluke though. Best I've ever had. AND he was called Jeff.

Last edited:
Sounds like you've cracked it then mate.
Just bring in some decent tutors.
As soon we possible, I bring in Darren fletcher (model professional) and polombo (born leader) and set then off tutoring.

He got me a 200pa regen in a game I played. Going to be better than Messi, and a lads fan!
I'd sign those but no doubt they'd want big wages when I wouldn't even be playing them. Fletcher has just been released and I'm sure he was demanding about 60k pw.

Can you get specific members of staff to work with a player. I'm looking to get Van Nistelrooy helping one of my young strikers if that's possible.

Pure fluke that Sunderland get a player who's going to be better than Messi through our academy and it's just a coincidence that you've got an in game editor? ;)

I have two players who need football but nobody will take them on loan. Annoying.

Can you get specific members of staff to work with a player. I'm looking to get Van Nistelrooy helping one of my young strikers if that's possible.

Not as far as I know. I only use the tutoring function to change the personality of players to model professional anyway

Not as far as I know. I only use the tutoring function to change the personality of players to model professional anyway
Thanks.

What is the crack with some 20 year old on 6k per week who wants 51k per week to join me? That is completely unrealistic. They always sign for the CPU for about 15k per week too. It needs sorting out.

Thanks.

What is the crack with some 20 year old on 6k per week who wants 51k per week to join me? That is completely unrealistic. They always sign for the CPU for about 15k per week too. It needs sorting out.

club reputation maybe? Not sure who you're playing as though.

A relegation release clause of nothing will usually knock a few thousand a week off, and if you want you can knock (about) half off by giving them 50% sell on fee. Very useful with older players, anyone over 27 you can give a 4/5 year deal with that and they'll be nearly worthless by the end of the deal anyway. Even for younger players, if they're really good it'll save you for the length of their first contract, although you can't put it in the second one.

club reputation maybe? Not sure who you're playing as though.

A relegation release clause of nothing will usually knock a few thousand a week off, and if you want you can knock (about) half off by giving them 50% sell on fee. Very useful with older players, anyone over 27 you can give a 4/5 year deal with that and they'll be nearly worthless by the end of the deal anyway. Even for younger players, if they're really good it'll save you for the length of their first contract, although you can't put it in the second one.
That could be true about the reputation. Still, wanting about 10 times what you're earning is ridiculous. I'll look at putting those clauses in.

I always go wild with pre contracts and forget how many players I'll have in a certain position. The amount of injuries I get is ridiculous mind so it could be handy.

Nick Powell is getting better and better (I have him on loan for asecond season) and I just know Utd won't sell him.
I'm also battling the Mags for the signing of Ryan Gauld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back