Football Manager 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

I havent got the full game yet but I downloaded the demo and I think its far better than last years. Ive only had a little bit of time on it, I started off with Sunderland but the finances are absolutly appaling. First game of the season I beat Cardiff 4-3 at home despite Westwood charging out of his goal and handling outside the box and got sent off (ive never known that to happen on any other FM game). Ive still got that game saved but I started a new game with Watford and only played a few friendlies so far but Im enjoying it, it seems a lot quicker than last years too. I know the demo you can only have one league loaded but even last years was really slow with one country loaded.

Mine was shipped yesterday and hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow.

As I said in the beta thread the latest updates f*cked up my current Sunderland save, I finished 13th in first season and I was 5th in January in 2nd season.

Started a new 1 the other day:

West Ham 1-0 Sunderland
Sunderland 5-2 Cardiff
Rotherham 3-2 Sunderland - Capital One Cup

I was beating Rotherham 2-0 and somehow they came back to win 3-2 which I was bemused with. Still quite a few bugs that need fixing. I haven't played on it yet today so haven't played on the 14.1.2 update yet but there's far too many goals. I reckon the amount of goals in the Premier League needs to be reduced by 1/5 or even 1/4.

Anyone who is starting with Sunderland, sell as many as the deadwood/high earners as you can straight away. You can get about £5m for both Ji and Larsson, Colback you can get about £2.3m for and you might as well sell him seeing as his contract is up at the end of the season and because of the finances being ridiuclously bad you might as well take the chance to get rid of him. I got rid of Cuellar for 250k but couldn't get rid of Brown or Vaughan even for free or Gardener for £1m.

You can try and bring in Honda for a free in January and you will be giving the option to buy him now for about £1.1m but I missed out on him because he chose Inter for 35k a week, I offered him 30k he only wanted 29k so I would offer him about 35k if your looking to get him.

Fletcher and Altidore are good enough for the start of the game and even for the second season. Cabral was good for me on my other save as well.

Best thing to do I think is to keep the wage bill as low as possible till the main loan repayment of 1.3m is fully paid in June 2016. Until then keep the wage budget below 700k I would say apart from the first season mine is at about 900k because some of the deadwood is hard to sell. I was on abut 625k a week on my other save for the second season. Key is to survive in the league for the first 3 seasons and then when the main loan repayment is finished you can try and kick on from there. Your paying £21-22m a year back for the debts until 2016. You will then not have to pay about £15m of that from then onwards when the main repayment is finished. That's the reason why you will really struggle with the wages if anyone is wondering before asking on here.

So i bought the new in game editor out of curiosity as i had some spare cash in my steam wallet only to find out you cannot uninstall the editor surely if you pay for something game related it can be removed and installed when you wish

So i bought the new in game editor out of curiosity as i had some spare cash in my steam wallet only to find out you cannot uninstall the editor surely if you pay for something game related it can be removed and installed when you wish

you have to buy the editor this year?

you have to buy the editor this year?
Its the official Si in game editor this year £3:99 as well thought seen as i had £4 lying in the wallet i would get it wish i never bothered now

Its the official Si in game editor this year £3:99 as well thought seen as i had £4 lying in the wallet i would get it wish i never bothered now

why would you want to uninstall it? You'd have to pay every time you wanted to use it..

The in=game editor is obviously a nice addition for people who like to cheat but anyone who uses it clearly has no sense of achievement when playing it.

I know my mate who used to do stuff like this used to give himself loads of money and use it to find the best regen players etc. What's the point?

why would you want to uninstall it? You'd have to pay every time you wanted to use it..
The in=game editor is obviously a nice addition for people who like to cheat but anyone who uses it clearly has no sense of achievement when playing it.

I know my mate who used to do stuff like this used to give himself loads of money and use it to find the best regen players etc. What's the point?

Reason right there that i want rid of it never used and editor in any FM game and dont wanna start now but now its constantly on the tool bar at the top of the game

Reason right there that i want rid of it never used and editor in any FM game and dont wanna start now but now its constantly on the tool bar at the top of the game

can you not just ignore it? Think I'll download it but only because I tend give each club a reasonable amount of money & increase/decrease stats for players that i feel are over-rated/under-rated.

Nice to see we are still £200 million in debt :lol: surely this is wrong?

As I said in the beta thread the latest updates f*cked up my current Sunderland save, I finished 13th in first season and I was 5th in January in 2nd season.

Started a new 1 the other day:

West Ham 1-0 Sunderland
Sunderland 5-2 Cardiff
Rotherham 3-2 Sunderland - Capital One Cup

I was beating Rotherham 2-0 and somehow they came back to win 3-2 which I was bemused with. Still quite a few bugs that need fixing. I haven't played on it yet today so haven't played on the 14.1.2 update yet but there's far too many goals. I reckon the amount of goals in the Premier League needs to be reduced by 1/5 or even 1/4.

Anyone who is starting with Sunderland, sell as many as the deadwood/high earners as you can straight away. You can get about £5m for both Ji and Larsson, Colback you can get about £2.3m for and you might as well sell him seeing as his contract is up at the end of the season and because of the finances being ridiuclously bad you might as well take the chance to get rid of him. I got rid of Cuellar for 250k but couldn't get rid of Brown or Vaughan even for free or Gardener for £1m.

You can try and bring in Honda for a free in January and you will be giving the option to buy him now for about £1.1m but I missed out on him because he chose Inter for 35k a week, I offered him 30k he only wanted 29k so I would offer him about 35k if your looking to get him.

Fletcher and Altidore are good enough for the start of the game and even for the second season. Cabral was good for me on my other save as well.

Best thing to do I think is to keep the wage bill as low as possible till the main loan repayment of 1.3m is fully paid in June 2016. Until then keep the wage budget below 700k I would say apart from the first season mine is at about 900k because some of the deadwood is hard to sell. I was on abut 625k a week on my other save for the second season. Key is to survive in the league for the first 3 seasons and then when the main loan repayment is finished you can try and kick on from there. Your paying £21-22m a year back for the debts until 2016. You will then not have to pay about £15m of that from then onwards when the main repayment is finished. That's the reason why you will really struggle with the wages if anyone is wondering before asking on here.

Cheers for that mate. Think I will do as you say and many others say, and thats sell deadwood asap!

After reading loads of reviews, has anybody managed to get Wes Brown off the wage bill?

Cheers for that mate. Think I will do as you say and many others say, and thats sell deadwood asap!

After reading loads of reviews, has anybody managed to get Wes Brown off the wage bill?

Got rid of him to Inter Milan for £0

New save with Blackpool got all of 500k transfer budget

Only wanted the editor to edit in Blyth Spartans to the Skill North league.

Not paying for it like. I'm sure there will be an "unoffical" supplier of it.

I've been playing this for 2 weeks now, in 2018 already :lol:

Playing with wolves, we're in the premier league, first season up, i was in and around 4 - 6th position, had a horrid end of season and finished 7th just outside of the European places.

Also came back from 3-0 down and beat chelsea 4-3 to win the FA cup :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back