Football Manager 2012 Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raich Carter said:
cheers mate ;)

I was going to edit my name out and that, but I've put my twitter etc up on here, so there's no real point :lol:

Yeah I couldn't care less if someone knows my name...no problem with it. One of the posters on here 'JimHep' actually has the exact same name as me anarl :lol:

Finished first season on the January transfer update, finished 6th and got manager of the year award. Going to look to shift some of the shite out of the club and bring in some more youngsters.

Anyone got any suggestions of young centre backs? under 23 preferably that are likely to improve and relatively cheap?

I have assembled my squad relatively over the first season relatively cheaply and all young players(apart from Jerome Thomas) My transfers so far:

Jamaal Lascelles - 1m
Tyler Blackett - 24k
Guido Pizzaro - 850k
Michael Montoya - Free
M.Calderoni - 1.7m
Daniel Sturrige - 3.6m

So I'm looking towards getting more youth in to develop who can replace Brown, O'shea etc after a season or 2

how does connor wickham get on for you lads?

on my game hes now been at sunderland for 12 years. hes not in my first choice 11, hasnt been for years but hes happy as a bit player and hes a starter in cup games (at least until the serious rounds). 78 league goals in 319 appearences. not brilliant but alot of them have been off the bench. he seems to have stepped up in the last few seasons aswell with 15, 12 and 16 goals in each. and he has scored a shitload in the cups. hes also england captain with 34 goals in 65 caps.

how does connor wickham get on for you lads?

on my game hes now been at sunderland for 12 years. hes not in my first choice 11, hasnt been for years but hes happy as a bit player and hes a starter in cup games (at least until the serious rounds). 78 league goals in 319 appearences. not brilliant but alot of them have been off the bench. he seems to have stepped up in the last few seasons aswell with 15, 12 and 16 goals in each. and he has scored a shitload in the cups. hes also england captain with 34 goals in 65 caps.

I can't fit him in to my system, I play with 1 up front and when I try Wickham in there it just doesn't work. Shame because his potential is quite high....

Finished first season on the January transfer update, finished 6th and got manager of the year award. Going to look to shift some of the shite out of the club and bring in some more youngsters.

Anyone got any suggestions of young centre backs? under 23 preferably that are likely to improve and relatively cheap?

I have assembled my squad relatively over the first season relatively cheaply and all young players(apart from Jerome Thomas) My transfers so far:

Jamaal Lascelles - 1m
Tyler Blackett - 24k
Guido Pizzaro - 850k
Michael Montoya - Free
M.Calderoni - 1.7m
Daniel Sturrige - 3.6m

So I'm looking towards getting more youth in to develop who can replace Brown, O'shea etc after a season or 2

Try Craig Dawson, Ryan Shawcross or James Tompkins if you want to stay English. If not get Boyata, he's excellent.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I have tried to do a print screen of my squad/tactic screen, but when I have tried to upload it to imageshack I get an invalid image message. Anybody tell me what I am doing wrong.

I have tried selecting print screen on the FM toolbar and then select save image as web page, but doesn't seem to work. If I try and paste it to a word document it just gives me an image of my desktop!

Alt and F9 I think does it. Then it will be in the Sports Interactive folders.

Jamaal Lascelles - 1m
Tyler Blackett - 24k
Guido Pizzaro - 850k
Michael Montoya - Free
M.Calderoni - 1.7m
Daniel Sturrige - 3.6m

Nabbed him on a free in my Championship promotion season (2nd season). Sold him for 800k a year later, was absolutely delighted as he was crap.

Okay think I managed to get it sorted now, hope this works, this is (fingers crossed an image taken from my tactics/team screen)....

Logon or register to see this image
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
How do you cheat on FM like? I remember when I used to buy LMA Manager on the PS2 you could add cheats like unlimited funds etc but I've never noticed owt like that on here

Not that I'd bother like it takes all the fun out of it but I would maybe start 1 save and make a dream team up from scratch like you could on LMA

To be honest I don't believe I have cheated on the game (only because I cannot find the damned Game Editor in the game!!!), I will admit that because I don't like to lose and because I am your typical Sunderland supporter I hate getting beat, so I will replay a match to learn from my mistakes. I am sure there are a few people on here who will admit to doing that as well.

Mind you in the two seasons I have been charge of Sunderland it has taken me four months to get that far, because sometimes I have had to replay a match about four times to figure out what the hell went wrong (especially when I am playing against teams like Swansea, West Brom and QPR etc the top teams I seem to do okay against!).

Logon or register to see this image

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/813/sunderlandfixturesfixtu.png/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back