Football Manager 2012 Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the players you had managed to sign by your 2nd season which had me baffled like

Yeah me too :lol:

Because I had a successful first season the value of some of my players (ie Richardson, Elmohaddy, Kilgannon, Mignolet, Ji) shot WAY up! So managed to sell them for inflated prices (they've later ended up on the transfer list at the clubs they went to, apart from Ji) so managed to put decent bids in for the likes of Van Persie and Walcott etc, didn't think they would sit down to to discuss contracts but actually did :eek:

Scratching my head at moment at whether I should stick these high earning players and see if I can build a squad around them or whether I should get them off my high wage budget before something bad happens to the club financially, although according to the board they are very happy with finances at the moment.

Nabbed him on a free in my Championship promotion season (2nd season). Sold him for 800k a year later, was absolutely delighted as he was crap.

well I haven't really played him apart from throwing on for 5 minutes here and there. His stats have improved well and he's now valued at 1.4m

Yeah me too :lol:

Because I had a successful first season the value of some of my players (ie Richardson, Elmohaddy, Kilgannon, Mignolet, Ji) shot WAY up! So managed to sell them for inflated prices (they've later ended up on the transfer list at the clubs they went to, apart from Ji) so managed to put decent bids in for the likes of Van Persie and Walcott etc, didn't think they would sit down to to discuss contracts but actually did :eek:

Scratching my head at moment at whether I should stick these high earning players and see if I can build a squad around them or whether I should get them off my high wage budget before something bad happens to the club financially, although according to the board they are very happy with finances at the moment.

I'm not really arsed either way but in terms of 'proof' people are probably wanting to see manager history, ie whether Wenger is still at Arsenal and Mancini at City and whether an added user took charge of them to enable you to get those players. Like I say, I'm not arsed though.

In Nov 2016 with Dover I've just had a transfer offer for Walcott accepted like, transferred listed at Arsenal. :lol:

He told me where to go mind. :cry:

Just drew against a team who had 1 shot on target, which they f***ing scored with.

Do what I normally do when that happens, replay it until you get the result you want :lol:

I did that on the iPad version. Was playing against Blackpool, put my strongest team out against them (4-3-1-2). Two minutes in Bramble is given a bizarre red card, so switch Richardson over from playmaker to defence, take off Whickham and put on McClean so switch to 4-4-1. Then 20 minutes into the game Blackpool knacker Richardson and he has to come off, so have to bring on Woodgate! So by half time I'm 2-0 down. Switch to a defensive formation for the second half. Ten minutes into the second half and Ji-Won has to go off injured too! Silly me forgot to put a striker on the bench, so looking at my options I decide to stick Mutch on, move Sess to Playmaker role and stick Mutch where he was. By the 80th minute I'm now 4-0 down against Blackpool and getting really hacked off with this game. By 85th minute Gordon has to come off injured!

Was really pleased when the game was over. Richardson was going to be out for 3 months and Ji was going to be out for rest of season.

Don't know about anyone else, but for me the iPad version takes a scenario way beyond the extreme! Even some of the free kick or corner plays just leave me scatching my head.

To be honest I don't believe I have cheated on the game (only because I cannot find the damned Game Editor in the game!!!), I will admit that because I don't like to lose and because I am your typical Sunderland supporter I hate getting beat, so I will replay a match to learn from my mistakes. I am sure there are a few people on here who will admit to doing that as well.

Mind you in the two seasons I have been charge of Sunderland it has taken me four months to get that far, because sometimes I have had to replay a match about four times to figure out what the hell went wrong (especially when I am playing against teams like Swansea, West Brom and QPR etc the top teams I seem to do okay against!).

So when you lose a game you reload and play it over and over until you win, and you don't think you've cheated?

Full madone. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

So when you lose a game you reload and play it over and over until you win, and you don't think you've cheated?

Well if you think that's cheating then what's it called when you play a game like Unchartered or COD where you die and have to do the level again, what's the difference in trying to do a match again :confused:

At least I admit to doing it, if only to learn from my mistakes and also the simple fact - I hate losing ;)

Well if you think that's cheating then what's it called when you play a game like Unchartered or COD where you die and have to do the level again, what's the difference in trying to do a match again :confused:

At least I admit to doing it, if only to learn from my mistakes and also the simple fact - I hate losing ;)

Dying - Losing a game of football.

Not the same thing.

Dying - Losing a game of football.

Not the same thing.

exactly if anything dying in a game like Uncharted or Call of Duty is part of the learning curve and part of the frustration of the game.

so is losing a game on football manager, its how to come back from a defeat and changing things that is part of the fun of it, boring as fuck winning all the time.

iirc LMA Manager used to have scenarios like, survive relegation with 5 of your best players out injured etc.

those were great f***ing fun and part of what made the game good imo, the challenge

I can see the point of giving yourself more money would never do it myself like but can't see the point of replaying until you get a win, couldn't be arsed to do it for a start.

I can see the point of giving yourself more money would never do it myself like but can't see the point of replaying until you get a win, couldn't be arsed to do it for a start.

Same. When my brother is down he usually plays FM on my laptop as Barcelona, sure he's spent nigh on £100m (over 48 months I presume) in one season. Boring, imo.

Do what I normally do when that happens, replay it until you get the result you want :lol:

fuck me, he cheats to get players like van persie in his team 2nd season and even replays games when he loses, what the fuck is the point in even playing :lol:

Just started pre-season on my second season and my team looks like this at the minute

Mignolet
Montoya O'Shea Hovland Calderoni
Pizzaro Vaughn
Johnson Sess Thomas
Sturrige/Benitez​

Rest of team:
Blackett
Whickham
Lascelles
Colback
Cattermole
Gardner
Trindade De Vilhena
Bardsley
Richardson
Brown
Turner
McClean
Campbell
Gordon

Just started pre-season on my second season and my team looks like this at the minute

Mignolet
Montoya O'Shea Hovland Calderoni
Pizzaro Vaughn
Johnson Sess Thomas
Sturrige/Benitez​

Rest of team:
Blackett
Whickham
Lascelles
Colback
Cattermole
Gardner
Trindade De Vilhena
Bardsley
Richardson
Brown
Turner
McClean
Campbell
Gordon

How have you not managed to get Van Persie and Messi yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back