Football Manager 2012 Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might give us another go like. Desperate to do well with us but I always do shite.
How did you get so much money to spend first season by the way, with Eriksen, Alderweireld and Vertonghen signing?

Last edited by a moderator:

Might give us another go like. Desperate to do well with us but I always do shite.
How did you get so much money to spend first season by the way, with Eriksen, Alderweireld and Vertonghen signing?

All three on 48 month deals mate. As well as Vrsaljko in the second season,

I usually offer about 25% of the player value upfront, then the rest gets topped up by, paying a % after league appearances, International appearances and league goals.

You have to be careful not to go daft like, otherwise you can end up bankrupt within 2 years

All three on 48 month deals mate. As well as Vrsaljko in the second season,

I usually offer about 25% of the player value upfront, then the rest gets topped up by, paying a % after league appearances, International appearances and league goals.

You have to be careful not to go daft like, otherwise you can end up bankrupt within 2 years

Aye cheers. Managed to get them myself like that.

Just started again with Sunderland. 4 games into the season, currently 8th. Team used in last match:

GK: Mignolet
RB :Bardsley
CB: Brown
CB: Bramble
LB: Richardson
DMC: Vaughan
LM: Colback
RM: Modise
CAM: Sessegnon
ST: Bendtner
ST: E. Torres (18 year old kid from Mexico)

Subs:
Westwood
Turner
O'Shea
Cattermole
Wickham
McClean
Larsson

First game of the season, against Chelsea at home, Colback had a storming game, scoring the first and setting up the other for Bendtner, winning the game 2-1!

Second game, United away, Got spanked 3-0, nothing really to say about this game

Third game, Bury away, Won 5-2, Sessegnon scoring 2 and getting 2 assists, Erik Torres Scoring a hat-trick on his debut.

Fourth game, Mags at home, Won 2-1, went 1-0 up after 12 minutes through Bendtner, Ba equalised in the 52nd minute, and the dirty then managed to get Taylor and Tiote sent off in 5 minutes. Thought it was going to end as a 1-1, but Lee Cattermole stepped up from 25 yards to smash one into the top corner in the last kick of the game. Quality stuff.

Fuck this like. Why the fuck can I never win with Sunderland? Destroyed 3-0 by the skunks. :evil::evil:

I was addicted to FM2007 but hated 08 and 09 which put me off buying later versions altogether. Now I'm thinking I might pick up FM2012 to see what all the fuss is about. Is it every bit as enjoyable as the much loved FM2007?
Anyone?

Is it worth checking out or should I just wait until FM2013 now?

Started a new save with the new patch as Birmingham (they were the first random Championship team)

Got £250k to spend, could do with a striker. Any ideas?

Beat Crystal Palace 3-2 in my first game with Leicester. Delfonueso (2) and Beckford with the goals.

Leicester were pissing me off so I've started as Crawley. Beat Wimbledon 3-0 in the Carling Cup preliminary and have just beat Macclesfield 4-0 in our first league game. Josh Carson with a hat-trick. :cool:

Fuck sake man. My Vitesse game has been lost because my game won't save to my C drive, all because I have apparent critically low memory. For fuck sake I've deleted and uninstalled about 20 gigs worth of stuff!!!

Sick of conceding straight after we score. How do I stop it without going ultra defensive instantly?

This game is f***ing SHIT! Tempted to throw it out the window.

Sick of conceding straight after we score. How do I stop it without going ultra defensive instantly?

This game is f***ing SHIT! Tempted to throw it out the window.

I hope you didn't buy it through steam :eek:

I hope you didn't buy it through steam :eek:

Nar off Play.com or something. It's f***ing against me though, 66% possession and no f***ing shots on target. Every team I am play shit for some reason.
Last year I wiped the floor, this year I'd probably struggle to beat Stanley with Barcelona. :evil::evil::evil:

Billy Clark is a right ****. Every time it falls to him in the box I can guarentee the twat is gonna miss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just about to finish my second season in charge of Sunderland and have done not too bad.

Won the league cup 3-1 against a very poor Liverpool side.
Won the FA Cup 4-1 against Leicester.
Set to play Barcelona in the Champions league final, I think that will prove a real test for my squad.

My first team are:
J.Hart

G.Clichy
J.Heitinga
R.Shawcross
K.Walker

M.Boussafa
S.Sessegnon
J.Wilshere (loan)
T.Walcott

Van Persie
D.Welbeck

Subs: K.Westwood. J.Cardini. C.Gardner. F.Campbell. C.Fierro. A.Gorrin. Fabio

Just about to finish my second season in charge of Sunderland and have done not too bad.

Won the league cup 3-1 against a very poor Liverpool side.
Won the FA Cup 4-1 against Leicester.
Set to play Barcelona in the Champions league final, I think that will prove a real test for my squad.

My first team are:
J.Hart

G.Clichy
J.Heitinga
R.Shawcross
K.Walker

M.Boussafa
S.Sessegnon
J.Wilshere (loan)
T.Walcott

Van Persie
D.Welbeck