Durhams overseas pro 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
and in other Durahm related news Borthwick is 50 n.o. on day three of Wellington's match against Auchland after making 22 in the first innings. Auckland nailed are pretty much nailed on for a win by an innings though.

and in other Durahm related news Borthwick is 50 n.o. on day three of Wellington's match against Auchland after making 22 in the first innings. Auckland nailed are pretty much nailed on for a win by an innings though.
And 2-61 with the ball which is decent compared to Jeetan Patel's 1-135

Didn't properly speak to him like, him and Josh popped in for mags game for a laugh :lol:

Be a shame for him like. He's done enough to warrant a new deal but if he gets injured again it would be a huge blow for him and Durham.
Lewis' interview with Martin Emmerson last week included him as one of the important bowlers for this year

It doesn't add up with Coughlin. First he himself said he's not going to be bowling in the four day comp because of a history of stress fractures and then Jon Lewis appears to say the opposite - unless 'fit for the start of the season' doesn't mean will play all forms of the game.

He's only 23 at the moment and maybe taking an extra year to grow stronger and not playing full on would be the best thing to do for him and for Durham.

It doesn't add up with Coughlin. First he himself said he's not going to be bowling in the four day comp because of a history of stress fractures and then Jon Lewis appears to say the opposite - unless 'fit for the start of the season' doesn't mean will play all forms of the game.

He's only 23 at the moment and maybe taking an extra year to grow stronger and not playing full on would be the best thing to do for him and for Durham.

Exactly, this is not football, 23 is ridiculously young for a faster bowler. He is a long term investment.

This shows you exactly how much we are going to miss Hastings, I think he is taken for granted a bit by some on here, he bowls so many overs, often the hard overs too, long spells.

I personally think that is more important than an overseas batsman who would probably average no more than 40s, considering we play at the Riv.

Exactly, this is not football, 23 is ridiculously young for a faster bowler. He is a long term investment.

This shows you exactly how much we are going to miss Hastings, I think he is taken for granted a bit by some on here, he bowls so many overs, often the hard overs too, long spells.

I personally think that is more important than an overseas batsman who would probably average no more than 40s, considering we play at the Riv.

I agree entirely with this. I have heard many people mention Klinger as a must have due to his performances in ODI cricket but his batting in the longer form of the game, in the second division on pitches far better than the Riverside doesn't suggest he would improve us greatly in that form of the game.

I picked this up from the interwebs.
Former England player Boyd Rankin is in the squad, captained by William Porterfield, but there is no place for Peter Chase, who was recently handed an “A contract” by Ireland, which means he is effectively their player. Poynter has a “B contract”, which gives Durham first call over him.
which seems to imply that peter Chase is still around (not having heard anything said about him for more than a year I had my doubts).

Elsewhere the article says that Kyle Coetzer, Peter Main and Poynter are going to the world T20 with Poynter going as a batsman!

I'll be controversial here.

I'm bored sick of this overseas talk. Hastings will be a huge miss, a lot of people underestimated the work he got through. A batsman would be great, but Harker hasn't got 10 pence to spend so I believe it will be "as you are" in terms of our batting line-up, like it or lump it.

As for the bowling department

Rushworth, Onions, Arshad, Harrison (is he still around?), Coughlin, McCarthy, Weighall (what's happened with his contract?), Collingwood, Jennings, Pringle, Borthwick are our main bowlers. Throw in Peter Chase (if he's at all still with the club) and we've got a fair few options.

I think it's a case of, crack on with what we've got.

I'm bored sick of this overseas talk. Hastings will be a huge miss, a lot of people underestimated the work he got through. A batsman would be great, but Harker hasn't got 10 pence to spend so I believe it will be "as you are" in terms of our batting line-up, like it or lump it.

Rushworth, Onions, Arshad, Harrison (is he still around?), Coughlin, McCarthy, Weighall (what's happened with his contract?), Collingwood, Jennings, Pringle, Borthwick are our main bowlers. Throw in Peter Chase (if he's at all still with the club) and we've got a fair few options.

Arshad and Harrison are going to a 10 day training camp ran by the Tom Maynard Foundation in Spain according to that Echo article so presumably they're both fit. You haven’t included Gavin Main who’s been playing in New Zealand and in Scotland's World T20 squad. He could be a decided asset.

Arshad and Harrison are going to a 10 day training camp ran by the Tom Maynard Foundation in Spain according to that Echo article so presumably they're both fit. You haven’t included Gavin Main who’s been playing in New Zealand and in Scotland's World T20 squad. He could be a decided asset.
I think Arshad was showing signs of improvement last year, hopefully that continues this.

But, we're very dependent on the two main men staying fit and staying in form.

Poynter played in the Ireland vs UAE match and it's a good news bad news thing for him.

Good news: He actually did play and got the 3rd highest score for Ireland
Bad news: that third highest score was only 10

Last edited:

I think we're all bored sick of it, any decent club with management who knew how to run a club would've had this sorted by now.
We don't need bowlers. We're desperate for an opener/top order batsman, so it's all worth discussing and if possible worth applying pressure to try and get the message across.
After all, the club as a business need to make money and if the product on the field is shite, there won't be any money made. Often you need to invest in the business to see a return. I'd hope the club know that.

I think we're all bored sick of it, any decent club with management who knew how to run a club would've had this sorted by now.
We don't need bowlers. We're desperate for an opener/top order batsman, so it's all worth discussing and if possible worth applying pressure to try and get the message across.
After all, the club as a business need to make money and if the product on the field is shite, there won't be any money made. Often you need to invest in the business to see a return. I'd hope the club know that.

I do agree but I wouldn't trust David Harker with 20 pence

I think we're all bored sick of it, any decent club with management who knew how to run a club would've had this sorted by now
Rather tired of receiving persistent e-mails from the club inviting me to buy test match tickets, T20 tickets, club merchandise, pop concert tickets etc but no information forthcoming about prospects or planning for the forthcoming season I go to the club website to find whom to contact on this issue. Needless to say no such contact details are offered. The Welcome page,however, informs that there's a great summer of cricket ahead for 2015.
That really sums up the PR at this club.

tbf 40 at the riverside is worth about 700 on any other ground.

Rabada signed for Kent
and from the Chron.
The exciting fast bowler will join the Division Two side for three County Championship, five Twenty20 and a 50-over match.
He would hardly have made a difference to us so I'm not fussed that he's not coming.

also the Chron reports that Borthwick and Onions will be playing for the MCC against the Yorkies in Dubai.

Ian Bell (c)
Jake Ball
Scott Borthwick
Nick Browne
Rory Burns
Rikki Clarke
Ben Foakes
James Harris (County Champion match only)
Graham Onions
James Tredwell
Tom Westley
Kumar Sangakkara (Twenty20 only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back