Do you think Moyes will walk??

Status
Not open for further replies.

so he hasn't had funds which was your initial point. Our budget was dwarfed by several championship teams.

I seriously doubt Ellis invited Moyes to the club and said you've got 3 weeks less than everyone else and about £30million less than most teams in the championship to sort us out, fancy a job?
The point was we haven't mega money...that ship sailed over the last few years buying absolute shite and paying silly wages and selling either for a loss or next to no profit, as can be seen by the losses.
Who knows what he was promised, maybe 30 plus whatever sales he raised I dunno, but again us being us, raised next to nought on sales, Altho we did trim the wage bill of some I guess so hopefully there will be wiggle room in jan if needed.

Moyes is just going to have to do what he's paid for, manage the resources we have.
We are all a bit deflated not getting a striker in, but I'd rather that than get some absolute plank in that costs a fortune last minute because we are desperate and then we are lumbered. The lack of planning in the market was again a worry...if we haven't a striker or deal falls through, keep a loan spot to get one in and we didn't do that

he didn't like. I know there's valid reasons for it but £26million for 1 goalkeeper, 2 defenders, 2 midfielders, a winger and a striker? Everton for instance bid that on one of our players alone. That's the market we were working in and we just couldn't compete.

Short is trimming the fat and hoping we can live on scraps for a season.

He will then either sell up having recouped some of his investment or release funds from a position of strength, unimaginable that Moyes is not completely aware of all of this, he did after all talk about a long term project, do people believe the owner woulld allow this to fail after 1 month because of deceit? Hardly.

If we had any saleable assets beyond kone, who he clearly wants to keep,we could have spent more like palace but we just don't...effectively it's the same squad that finished last season pretty well...perhaps an upgrade on yedlin in manquillo plus denayer who is potentially better than Kaboul...

We have a manager with tactical nous to make us hard to beat and able to compete...aye we may be in a relegation battle BUT I think we should be OK...

The only problem is of defoe gets injured however I am sure Moyes is confident in the likes of asoro and he isn't concerned with scoring goals...

Let's just look forward now, get behind the lads and moyes and give him time to do his work...

Anyway we have players to come back and when they do we will be stronger still...

Just sit back and chill people the window is shut now...get on with it...
Surely we could of got more for Kaboul? 3m is a joke, fair enough he wanted to leave but he had 2+ years on his contract and was one of our best players last season... Should of got 5/6m minimum but no, heres 3m, SOLD! Why can't we hold clubs to ransom like they do with us?

Surely we could of got more for Kaboul? 3m is a joke, fair enough he wanted to leave but he had 2+ years on his contract and was one of our best players last season... Should of got 5/6m minimum but no, heres 3m, SOLD! Why can't we hold clubs to ransom like they do with us?

Yes mate that's one I failed to mention and should have...similar for giaccherini as well...could have had double the amount for both...makes no sense considering we want to spend as little as possible...

No.

He had half a dozen good games. I would have liked more money for him but it is an SMB myth that he had a great season.

Not a chance, he knows he can't be blamed properly until after the January window, then we'll see if he can grab a player or two, and it will either be his fault or a lack of funds which will dictate that window. At that stage if short doesn't back his judgement he could very well do a runner.
Why should January be different? This is what it is and how it is, and we need to accept it. Every window ends with rallying calls of 'manyana, manyana'. It's the 'pie in the sky when you die' school of thought that really isn't helpful.

I'm far more concerned about who will leave in January (there may be at least one exit) than I am about who might arrive. We must accept we are what we are, and move forward with that certainty.

Just my thoughts.

he will never walk from £1.6 million a year would you

Thing is his reputation is being damaged with every passing week. He's had good payouts from Manchester United and for his six month jolly he had in Spain. He might think you know what it isn't worth the hassle especially if the crowd turn

My mate who is a coach at the academy informs me that he wont be there much longer. Big Sam will be back before Xmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back