Do you think Moyes will walk??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havnt we spent about 30 million? He's brought in what, 8 players? Main issue is no striker but we'll get someone like adabyor in on a free to cover us till Jan. Not ideal but not the end of the world.

People don't understand money on this forum. I'm sure most of the people on it are school kids. We haven't got any money to spend we have horrendous debt and because of ffp it means we can't spend anything. Ellis Short can't even fart because if he does the FA will be all over him especially after the Ji situation.

People think 1 million is nothing but do people actually know how much a million is...even a million pound is a lot of money to spend on a player.

People don't understand money on this forum. I'm sure most of the people on it are school kids. We haven't got any money to spend we have horrendous debt and because of ffp it means we can't spend anything. Ellis Short can't even fart because if he does the FA will be all over him especially after the Ji situation.

People think 1 million is nothing but do people actually know how much a million is...even a million pound is a lot of money to spend on a player.
So how does spunking £7M on two Utd. Kids fit in then?

Wow, what a warchest!

In this market, 20m buys you an average PL player, not half a team

Aye but he was trying to spend more. If Short had said you have £25M - £30M to spend plus whatever you recoup Moyes will have been happy enough.

We didn't have a Stones, Bolasie or Sissoko to sell. However, if we'sold Kone for £20M and had spent £50M I would be less happy. The more proven players we have the better.

So how does spunking £7M on two Utd. Kids fit in then?

We done this because in the past we spent huge money on average players such as lens that turned out to be shit. The club have totally changed the set up. Now instead of paying big money for average players were paying average money for average players. 10 million for lens, 10 for Rodwell and so on is rediculous. But 5.5m for 2 average kids is just about what you expect to pay.

I must be in the minority when I think this squad can survive. Aye it's disappointing I think we're three players short this window but there's nothing we can really do.
Moyes will make us harder to beat and battle our way through the division.

I doubt he would have demanded more money to spend than he was given. Only Wenger doesn't spend money he's given, for some reason we have decided to be sensible with the transfer fees this summer.

Palace have thrown millions and millions at it, almost unsustainably and there's no guarantee it will work. Of course it's disappointing but lets give him some time and see wha happens.
We made back most of what we paid in player sales.

We recouped about £6M from sales and have spent about £27M (Ndong 13.6M, Papy £8M and £5.5M McNair and Love). That's well over £20 million.
I doubt the loans for Januzaj and Denayer are free either.

I must be in the minority when I think this squad can survive. Aye it's disappointing I think we're three players short this window but there's nothing we can really do.
Moyes will make us harder to beat and battle our way through the division.

I doubt he would have demanded more money to spend than he was given. Only Wenger doesn't spend money he's given, for some reason we have decided to be sensible with the transfer fees this summer.

Palace have thrown millions and millions at it, almost unsustainably and there's no guarantee it will work. Of course it's disappointing but lets give him some time and see wha happens.
They haven't really, they got big money in. I'd imagine we are up there in terms of net spend again as a lot of clubs have sold before buying.

I doubt is was short he said sign those 2 man utd players for over 5m quid. Early days, but that looks like wasted money atm, which should have went on a more established player. Happy enough with the others that have came in. That 5m should have went towards a striker.

Why would he walk? More likely to be slung out on his ear for doing a shit job signing players. He'll be sacked before the end of the season.

No they haven't,
Out MaCarthy 4 mill, Jedinak 4 mill, Gayle 12 mill, Bolasie 30 mill
In Benteke 30 mill, Townsend 13 mill, Remy loan, Tompkins 10 mill, the french goalie 1.5 mill

About a 5 mill spend and they moved on 15 players including those mentioned
We didn't have anyone we could have sold for that much money. Apart from one of our best players.

I get the feeling this is what Moyes wanted. He has said numerous times... Youngsters with some experienced players.

Personally think this is all down to him in terms of players he wanted.

I hope this doesn't back fire on him like it did Villa.

Really????? why would he walk? he has a point to prove and knows in another season or so our debt will decrease and he'll start to get more money.

I doubt the loans for Januzaj and Denayer are free either.

They haven't really, they got big money in. I'd imagine we are up there in terms of net spend again as a lot of clubs have sold before buying.
of course they won't but people will overlook that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back