Do you believe in God?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody see 2001: A Space Odyssey? No idea what that was on about like.

Aliens had left an obelisk capable of boosting the intelligence of an animal which came near it. The apes found it and it smartened them up. When the human's found the one on the moon it smartened them up but it all went pear shaped due to HAL.

Aliens had left an obelisk capable of boosting the intelligence of an animal which came near it. The apes found it and it smartened them up. When the human's found the one on the moon it smartened them up but it all went pear shaped due to HAL.
HAL also being the claimed [i.e. fake] initials of an antagonist in Penny Dreadful.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

was the obelisk itself not a superbly evolved alien life form of super intelligence evolved to the extent it no longer needed a body?

could such a life form be a god?

Best not to get attached to such searching as it can only bring suffering .

Those that want a God can never have him so can only feel the pain of separation or the false notion of judgement , those that wish not to have a God can only feel the pain of the struggle to be free.

The very subject causes selfing to arise , As we try to create a self object from the delusion of the skandhas: form, perception , sensation, mental formation or consciousness.

We try to give God form
We try to imagine sensation of him seeing, hearing
We believe we can discern what he may be like as opposed to other things
We believe we have an emotional/volitional connection. To love or reject
We believe he is referent to our intelligence .

None of this can be productive and the process ends in further reinforcing our own existence not proving or disproving Gods . In the abandonment of the above in death we find liberation , or "God"

Some good stuff in his books though ;)

This is why meditation is called the Art of Dying. It is the method of Dissolution referred to in Buddhism. The Tibetan Book of the Dead (Bardo Thodal) is the Art of Rebirth.

I'm not a Christian but he said the way to the father was through him (when he was alive) and he could reveal the Kingdom of Heaven within.

Strange really. This doesn't sound like the external God of Christianity.

All that is hidden shall be revealed he said.

This sounds more like a God of the Living.....the Living God.

And it sounds like he could prove it through direct experience.

All you needed was the heart of a child.

Last edited:
I'm not a Christian but he said the way to the father was through him (when he was alive) and he could reveal the Kingdom of Heaven within.

Strange really. This doesn't sound like the external God of Christianity.

All that is hidden shall be revealed he said.

This sounds more like a God of the Living.....the Living God.

And it sounds like he could prove it through direct experience.

All you needed was the heart of a child.

Ooooh you are clever

thanks, good read that.

btw Kubrick in a 1968 interview said about the unseen Aliens: that given millions of years of evolution, they progressed from biological beings to "immortal machine entities", and then into "beings of pure energy and spirit"; beings with "limitless capabilities and ungraspable intelligence".

So my question still stands - could this being be construed as a God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back