Do you believe in God?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 40035

Undecided, but leaning towards no as I have trouble defining what God is meant to be exactly. Flying spaghetti monster is a listed god now apparently.

Something designed it all but doesn't play an active role in life. Bit like us watching a load of ants cracking on without ever interfering.

We are spirits who have been given a human vehicle through which we can view the world. Sadly, on occasion, the spirit gets in the wrong vehicle and requires a vehicle change at some point in their life.

No, to be honest I think life would be easier if I did believe as it would help in the more difficult times but sadly I think it is a load of old tosh. I am waiting for the first not religious but spiritual poster

An entity that put certain things in motion - possible
An entity that created everything out of nothing - impossible, who created the creator?
An entity that genuinely cares about each and every one of us - how conceited do you have to be to believe the creator of worlds cares about what you have for tea

Far more likely that everything "just is" and that the truth is simply beyond our current comprehension.

Henry Marsh (neurosurgeon) summed it up for me when asked if there was a soul. He said absolutely not. When people have brain injuries or an operation goes wrong the person's personality, there essence, their "soul" can be radically altered or disappear.

Cannot find the programme. It was from When Henry met Karl. Karl being Karl Ove Knausgaard.

When I search the depths of my soul (even though I don't have one cos im a ginger) I always think that planet earth itself is actually alive and wanted to 'see' so it created life, and trees are just its 'hair' but that sounds ridiculous however its what I tend to believe. So I guess to me God is Earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back