Crap Television Shows Of Yesteryear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some mothers do ave em - just found this grindingly irritating and not remotely amusing
The muppet show - American shite
Any religeous programmes that were on Sundays
Worthy but oh so dull Sunday teatime book adaptations that used to be on in the 1960 s and 70s

Just eating dinner now and Hi De Hi is on. Paul Shane was an absolute disgrace of a man and the show is total chod, not a patch on the likes of on the buses, man about the house, Terry and June, bless this house and Cosmos by Carl Sagan.

So over to you SMBers.

Crossroads

On the Buses is and was absolute dogshit man.
Don't be so daft man. Where do you think Gervais got his ideas for the office. Gareth was based on Blakey and Brent was based on Jack. f***ing hell man I've heard it all now :lol:

Some mothers do ave em - just found this grindingly irritating and not remotely amusing
The muppet show - American shite
Any religeous programmes that were on Sundays
Worthy but oh so dull Sunday teatime book adaptations that used to be on in the 1960 s and 70s
Not having the Muppets like, it's a classic. Plus, The Muppet Show was made in Britain. By ITV I think.

I remember being forced to watch Metal Mickey at a friend's house and came very close to murder or suicide.
Also - Triangle, the only ever soap opera set aboard a North Sea ferry. With Kate O'Mara allegedly sunbathing in a nine force gale. So clichéd it almost became funny. Almost.

Monty Python's Flying Circus was definitely overrated. People's memories have been altered by greatest hits compilations which show it in a good light.

An average episode was.

Pointlessly long intro
Crap joke
Weird posturing
Crap joke
WTF?
Brilliant sketch!
WTF?
Crap joke
Funny bit
Weird posturing
The End

Problem is everyone remembers the brilliant sketches and really funny stuff and forgets the unfathomable dredge around it
I like most of their stuff to be honest.

alrhough I am surprised not one of you has used this excuse to chuck this up ;)

The Flashing Blade - badly dubbed Euro-cack shown at about 5pm on Fridays, I think.

The problems they had to solve were f***ing solid

The riddles made no sense whatsoever

The answer usually went along the lines:

"Left-hand equals LH equals Long-haul;
Birds equals flying equals Flight;
Womens Institute equals WI equals West Indies........

That's right.....

You've won a jar of Jerk chicken paste........"

YAY.

Last edited:
I have been told it is apparently very good so maybe shouldn't be mentioned in a thread like this but the Red Dwarf series went straight over my head. I found it painfully unfunny and gave up after about a handful of episodes.

However, there was a series in the late 1980s I loved to bits but I can't for the life of me remember its name. Was about a widdowed father living with his teenage daughter. His mother-in-law was a very funny, grey-haired lady who could put on the funniest face expression when not impressed with something. Going to bug me that I can't remember the name of the series as I was tuned in each week for years. Mind, not everything ages well so it could well be crap now.

Oh doctor beeching made hi di hi look like comic genius.

A prince among men starring chris barrie as a retired footballer.
May to December with anton rogers.
Fresh (later to be french) fields.
Watching
Brush strokes
Mulberry
On the up

All f***ing shite

Bullseye...some kernt with no teeth presenting.

Lad I used to work with had two mates who went on Bullseye and won.

Star prize was normally a car, speedboat, caravan - something worth a few bob that they could sell or share.

They won a yellow leather 3-piece sofa.

When it came out they both exploded - "What the f@@k is that?" "Are you f@@king kidding?" You can f@@k right off with that piece of shit." etc.

Had to re-shoot the prize-giving bit at the end about three times.

Genial Jim Bowen's giving it his best schtick and them two are stood next to him looking like they want to rip his head off.

Oh doctor beeching made hi di hi look like comic genius.

A prince among men starring chris barrie as a retired footballer.
May to December with anton rogers.
Fresh (later to be french) fields.
Watching
Brush strokes
Mulberry
On the up

All f***ing shite
Hated that as a bairn :lol:

The Upper Hand?

Crocodile Shoes

The Young Ones

The one when the cockneys lived in a flat but the lass was gorgeous, Lysette Anthony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back